cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

B

Today18
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

All of a sudden my broadband download speed has virtually stopped. Spoke to technical checked said up to router fine suggested pay for engineer £75 to come in or look at upgrade package to increase speeds. I have been with TalkTalk for some 20 years plus and I’m little confused as my speeds have been up to now so I either have a problem or I need to upgrade, bit of a difference. Sounds like they have throttled my speed to get me to up my package. Any thoughts

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 21 of 41

Hi Today18

Ok no problem. @KeithFrench  provides really good advice on improving wireless performance. Would you be able to help please Keith?

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others. 

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Message 22 of 41

No I don’t have the facility to hard wire as I have a iPad. No laptop or computer.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 41

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

No, I have not seen that, but without looking into this thread if these are wireless devices, that might be down to WiFi reception issues. Certainly, the speeds reported by the devices do seem to be wrong.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 41

Thanks @Today18 

@KeithFrench  when you ran some speed tests were any of your devices showing "might be experiencing speed issues"

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

See attached. 

IMG_1727.png
0 Likes

Message 27 of 41

Hi Today18

Would you be able to post a screen shot here? (please remove any personal details such as phone number etc)

0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

Yes I have seen that but it doesn’t give me speed to my device just says you are experiencing speed issues where the old way it gave me the router speed and speed to my device so instantly I could see I was having problems. 

So how do I get the speed to my device to make sure it is not causing a problem with speeds.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 41

Hi Today18

One of our Community Stars has run the speed tests:

Running it from My Connection defaults to speed to the router, then if you click the link top right "Speed to devices"

0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

Hi Today18

That's great, thanks for letting me know.

I'm just checking about the speed tester now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 41

Hi

yes router has come and I have set up.

The speed is better and I did some speed testing. And users are not complaining as before so hopefully sorted.

• Over the weekend the speed checker on talktalk has changed and with the change it gives me the router speed but I cannot see speed to my device. I only get that some devices might be experiencing speed problems. Is there a recommendation on how to use it or is there another site I can use.

Are you aware of the change?

regards

0 Likes

Message 32 of 41
0 Likes

Message 33 of 41

Hi Today18

Ahh you're welcome 🙂

I will check in again with you once you have received the router to make sure everything is working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 41

Thank you much appreciated 

Message 35 of 41

Hi Today18

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 41

updated profile

Message 37 of 41

Hi Today18

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router for testing. Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send out the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 38 of 41

That would great

0 Likes

Message 39 of 41

I asked to whether a new router would help as I’m on old router Huawei hg 633.

As usual charge. I don’t understand why speed has gone so slow, and why if it a problem why also is my upload speed still the same has never changed. I have spoken to technical and offered to send engineer or upgrade package. Your help would be much appreciated 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 41

TalkTalk do not throttle, so that is definitely not the issue. The support team here will gladly look into your broadband performance and guide you accordingly.