cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

BB disconnections

kennyh1
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Hi guys over the last days been getting a lot of disconnections ,done the pin hole re set swapped filter and cable no noise on land line switching it of for 30 mins seems a temp fix also tried a old faulty D Link router with no WiFi that appears to work so could be a Hub problem.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

Hi kennyh1

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line is in sync at 77.4mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Good morning Michelle Router been OK since Sunday no disconnects but Speed has took a big hit was getting high 60s on the Sagemcom Hub now it’s in the mid 30s every thing else seems fine phone is OK tried the 30 min off but no different online service check says no problems.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

morning Debbie new hub up and running OK up to now ill give it a test and if OK will send the Sagemcom Hub back thank you

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39
0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Thanks Debbie will do

Message 27 of 39

Hi kennyh1

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Morning Debbie yes please I’ll give that a try thank you.

Message 29 of 39

Hi kennyh1

I'm sorry to hear this.

We can send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Hi Karl new Sagemcom Hub hasn't cured  the disconection problem done a service check on the line and all is fine, just got a red flashing light and only way to get it back is tun of for 30 mins every thing else is OK no noise on line, has a problem crept in with these Sagemcom Hubs? is there another type of Hub we could try? 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Thats good news. Let me know if anything changes.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kennyh1
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 32 of 39

Hi Karl new Hub up and running no problems has yet thank you.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kennyh1
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 34 of 39

thanks Karl will give it a go and let you know what happens 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

Hi

All tests are clear. A router is on the way for testing to rule this out.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

kennyh1
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 36 of 39

forgot to say flashing red light on Hub and solid red

0 Likes

kennyh1
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

Hi there yes I’ve done that it all shows good no faults and no maintenance in the area and yes I’ve plugged the Hub into the test socket.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 38 of 39

Hi @kennyh1,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. If they think a replacement router is required they will be able to arrange that for you.

0 Likes