cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Useage

morsenet
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Can anyone tell me how to display my brodband data useage per month?  I know I have unlimited data but would like to know how much I use.  There are a few suggestions in search returns but they do not match the current Talktalk.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Well, that's a very good thing then, @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I certainly would not trade finding my usage, with turning on WIFI optimisation.

All the better.

Further, it implies that by having WIFI optimisation turned on, then TalkTalk become unnecessarily intrusive.

Besides, why does TalkTalk have to look in my router, to work out what my usage is?

Bill

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @Billx 

I think yours may not be showing due to WIFI optimisation (being switched off)

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Surely, getting the usage, doesn't mean just WIFI usage only, but WIFI + Ethernet usage. Please get this right. When Ethernet connected devices and WIFI-connected devices send or receive data, it all goes to TalkTalk through the one same route, and they are not distinguishable.

I just tested your link to get my usage, through 'My connection, and it returns,

'You’ve not used any data'

(I have certainly used quite a bit of data.)

Then underneath that, there is a whole page, of why it might be, and what troubleshooting the customer might do.

Now I don't have a day free to do all that troubleshooting, as I fruitlessly tried to do, on similar topics under 'My connection' before.

I assume this might apply to the OP as well.

Bill

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

Thanks for your post. You can view your wifi usage if you log into your My Account and then use My Connection.

Thanks

Michelle