cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband down

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Hi, 

can someone at talktalk please sort out this confusion for me ? Spoke the customer services and after an hour of checking I was told my router is not working. Then tried to sell me the WiFi router, so have a basic one being sent out. 20 mins after the call had ended I got a txt saying. 

TalkTalk Update: An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust and we will monitor that closely. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre. 
so what’s the problem, router or line ?? 

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property.

As you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 44

@Sjd-1965, staff will not be back on here before Monday. 

You can reach support by ringing 03451 720088 after 9am (not Sunday) or, if you have enough data, use Chat from this link, again after 9am, for it to be live:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 23 of 44

Got my new router yesterday, plugged it in and worked fine, all up and running with internet. This morning a different story a flashing orange light and no internet.  

0 Likes

Message 24 of 44
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 25 of 44

Ok will do. 
thank you. 

Message 26 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

Ok, please let us know once the new router arrives.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 44

I was just trying a few routers to try and sort out my on going tech issues but not having any luck connecting to the net with any of them. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

Apologies, if we've sent you a router then this will be set up ready to use. You just need to use the new wireless password from the back of the router for your devices.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 44

Thank you, 

when I get my new router delivered what information do I need to connect to the net ? 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 44
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 31 of 44

How do I get all the router settings to get logged on to talk talk. All I have are my pipex info. 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 44
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 33 of 44

Hi Karl 

I’m not sure as I’ve never removed it. When I get home from work I will check the cable between the socket and the router and then do what you’ve suggested. It’s been the same socket for at least 8 years. 
thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 44

Hi

that is a pre-filtered faceplate. If you remove the faceplate check to see if there is a test socket and connect the router to this with a filter to see if the router will connect.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 35 of 44

A4EFA081-04CA-462A-BF48-8D0862EACE43.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 36 of 44

Hello,

Can I just confirm which main socket you have please?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 37 of 44

Hi 

I think I already have a router on its was, I was told last night that there is. I have a couple of filters. I’m sure BT said my socket doesn’t require a filter. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

Thanks for your reply.

If you would like me to send a new router, with new cables and a filter to test with then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 39 of 44

I’m using your standard router, my BT box doesn’t have a filter. I will check out the Ethernet cable from the socket to the router as I forgot about checking that and will get back to you later this evening. Thank you

Message 40 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

If you have tested with 2 different routers, cables and filters at the test socket then the next step will be an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes