cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can I have a new router, internet connection failing

MarkB79
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I suspect I may need a new router. I have had this router for four years, which I was told is typically how long they last for. Last night my internet connection went down for several hours before eventually returning and I suspect the problem is probably the router given its age and it has been behaving a little erratically recently. The router showed a red light throughout the time the connection was down. The internet connection is currently working but I suspect may fail entirely in the near future. Is it possible for TalkTalk to send us a new new router? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Message 2 of 7

Thank you very much Debbie. I do suspect the problem is the router as on Saturday evening my internet connection cut out twice but when I switched the router off and on again in both cases the internet connection started working again. However the router worked OK for all of yesterday. Thank you for all your help Debbie, I will let you know how I get on with the new router. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi MarkB79

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

No worries, they will respond right here as soon as they can when they are back online on Monday. 

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your help Ferguson. I would very much like the support team's help. I suspect the problem is the router but cannot be 100% certain of that. I have updated my profile, our TalkTalk account is in my mother's name so I have included her name on the profile rather than my own. I have included our landline number too. Thanks again. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

There may be other issues at stake rather than just a router failure.

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.