cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot connect to VPN (like so many others)

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

I like so many others cannot connect to VPN and have been told by customer service that my only option is to post here so that it might get picked up by the expert team.

I really need to be able to connect to my office VPN.

30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hello,

The Product Manager did confirm that new firmware will be coming soon, however we can't provide any timescales at the moment as they have to fully test this first before they can fully roll it out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

Morning,

We have a meeting with the product manager later this week so we can ask if there are any timescales for the new firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

If a factory reset undoes the fix does that mean it is a configuration setting that I could change?

I don't suppose you know what timeframe the firmware fix is likely to be on? I am currently only able to work using a borrowed router and it is limiting my speed a little (it only has a 100M WAN port).

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Hi

Factory resetting will remove the change the device manager has made so this will stop the VPN from working.

We do not have another router we can supply at this time, but a firmware fix is in production.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

robhansel
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 31

i also like so many others can also not connect to my office vpn, customer services have promised 5 call backs and missed all of them and no one will take any responsibility to resolve this issue. Can anyone here help..

R Hansel
0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

I have for now had to just swap the router to our borrowed one on a medium term basis. We very much need VPN to function during the work days and I lot a lot of time today trying to get this sorted.

When you come up with something you want to try let me know and I will see when we can re-connect the routers so you can have access to the TalkTalk one.

0 Likes

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 31

Just to confirm it is still the router that is the issue I have re-attempted the connection with the one borrowed from my office and it still works just fine with that router. Whatever change the device manager made does not appear to have stuck.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Karl,

It has stopped working again for my work vpn specifically. It was working for around 15 minutes but in that time I loaded up my customised configuration and assumed all was good. I came back to use it about half an hour later and it will not connect to my office. I have tried re-loading the clean config I saved after it was initially working (so factory settings except the admin password) and that didnt work, and I have just tried a factory reset and that did not work. Some VPNs are working (like My wifes one to her NHS services, and PIA) but I cannot connect to my office anymore.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Hi

Glad it's working for you now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

It looks like we are up and running. VPN connected ok and I can run an RDP session over the VPN connection.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Hi

Can you retest again please. If not working, just reboot, do not factory reset this time.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi

I'll take this back to the Devices manager and see what he can do.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Router fully reset (setting including admin password back to factory), still cannot connect to vpn

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Hi

OK, last thing to try is a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Same result I am afraid, vpn can't connect

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi

Try a router reboot to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

FYI I never did the two router setup so it is just the talktalk router connected. Also I didn't do anything else before trying the vpn again. Do I need to re-boot the router or anything like that?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Karl,

VPN is still failing to connect

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi

Our device manager has made a change to your router, can you try the VPN now please.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Hi

we use a TR069 system, but do not know which ports are used.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes