cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot connect to VPN (like so many others)

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

I like so many others cannot connect to VPN and have been told by customer service that my only option is to post here so that it might get picked up by the expert team.

I really need to be able to connect to my office VPN.

30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

I dont suppose you could let me know the ports you use for remote maintenance like this? If I knew I could use the borrowed router for work with the TalkTalk router inside that one with a port forward so you guys still have access but I can get connected to my office.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi

This can be fixed remotely by our Devices Manager - I've dropped him an email asking to pick this up asap for me.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 31

Karl,

I can see that the firmware upgrade has gone through, firmware is now SG4K100136. But as you suspected this has had no impact on the VPN connection.

Where do we go from here? Presumably the next step is that you send me out a router that is vpn compatible?

Thanks

Tim

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi

Your router is a 5464 model.  I don't think the firmware change will help with VPN in this case, but will push the latest version to see if this will help.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 25 of 31

Right now would be ideal as I could really do with vpn working by 10 am but don't desperately need the connection until then

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Hi,

We can try a different version of firmware to see how this compares. When would be the best time to update this as it will take around 20 minutes and the router cannot be rebooted/switched off during this time?

Thanks

0 Likes

satim-cameron
Participant
Private Message
Message 27 of 31

I was able to connect fine with my previous ISP and their router. My new talktalk line and router were installed on Friday and I have not been able to connect to vpn at all though that router.

On Sunday I did manage to connect to vpn by borrowing a router from work and replacing the talktalk router with that one and vpn worked fine so the issue is definitely the router. After the test I put the talktalk router back in place so you could get access to it to hopefully fix the issue.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi satim-cameron

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, were you previously able to connect to VPN ok?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

Thanks for getting back to me

It is a Sagemcom Wi-FI Hub model FAST 5464-1.T4, listing current firmware version as SG4K100124.

I am using the VPN client built into windows but my wife is using something else to login to her NHS system(which I can't easily identify) when she works from home and it is suffering from the same problem.

I have updated my community profile with the name and telephone number as you suggest. 

Thanks,

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi @satim-cameron,

What model of router do you have ?

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings or changing the firmware, they will hopefully be able to reply when they return on Monday.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes