cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cant access internet

jacca485
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Was supposed to be set up by midnight 3/12/21 after moving home. Engineer came and set everything up correctly but I still can't connect to the Internet. Been without it for a week now and work from home. Please help.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jacca485
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

The house isn't new build. The engineer said in relation to the phone line that underground maintenance would need to happen to sort the phone line. He said the location of the box outside was a but too far from the house.

I'm not tech savvy so forgive me but I'm unsure what the exact router is. I'll just relay what's on the box. Huawei HG633  hardware version H.1.01. All lights are green like they used to be in our old property when everything worked. So my phone picks up the WiFi and tries to sign me in but then states " 

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

What do you mean by the phone line not being completed due to location ?

Is it a new build house ?

@jacca485  please say EXACTLY what router you have and what lights are showing.

Do you mean you CAN connect to the router's WiFI but are not getting any INTERENT, or that it is not possible to connect to the router at all ?

What does a wired connection show ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Oh and I've also reset and switched off for hours to see if it works then.

0 Likes

jacca485
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

We are supposed to have Fibre 65. Had the engineer come out yday to fit everything in our new house. He didn't replace our old router or TV box as that is transferable. The phone line was unable to be completed yday due to the location but I was told this would be sorted at a later date. I was told this would not affect the Internet use. Nothing will connect to the WiFi and I am unable to access the talk talk tv channels either. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@jacca485 

Exactly what product do you have from TT ?

If it is over the phone line, does dialing 17070 get a readback of your allocated phone number ?

What router do you have and what is the status light showing ?

Can you connect your devices to the router via WiFi ?

Have you tried resetting the router by holding in the reset button for 30 seconds ?

0 Likes