cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cant add port forward

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Despite already having multiple port forwards set up I am now getting an error as seen in the screenshot. The device I am attempting to port forward is the exact device I have already successfully completed port forwarding on in the past.

Any advice? 

Screenshot 2023-08-17 075221.png
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 23

Yes thanks for that it is V3 then. The bug that does affect V3 is slightly different anyway.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 23

Following what you mentioned previously this appears to be version 3?

Serial Number N7183024N005899
Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K100174
GUI Version 5.100.1
System Up Time 1d 03h46m30s
MAC Address D8:A7:56:60:1F:85

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 23

Hi @john9871234 

I did tell you that the advice you were given about port forwarding not working on their consumer routers was total garbage. Out of interest, what hardware revision does this one have? 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 23

Despite what customer support has claimed about port forwarding. It is now working with the new router.

Thanks for your assistance. I will post the old router back.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi

Replacement router is on the way.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 23

Michelle. I've done that for you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 23

Yes please and if it works with the new one I will return the faulty one 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Morning,

Just to confirm, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 23

Then you must have an old hardware revision pre v3. I think the best way forward is to get a new router sent out to you. I'll ask TalkTalk to arrange this when they are back on Monday.

Keith

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 23

This is all the info I've got.

Also exactly the same error.ScreenshotScreenshot

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 23

If you login into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Device Info > General

In the Device info section, the hardware version is quoted there.

Now that you can't add any rules is the error message still the same?

Keith

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 23

I don’t know where to find that info if it helps I only signed up this year I’ve attached some pictures of it 

IMG_5304.jpeg

IMG_5305.jpeg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

That is absolute rubbish. Please can you answer my questions in the previous post.

Keith

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 23

Speaking to customer support and they are telling me that I must be a business customer for port forwarding to work as it is something they do not support for residential customers

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 23

No, that is the model number, the hardware revision is likely to be either 3.0 or 4.0.

Now that you can't add any rules is the error message still the same?

Keith

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 23

Hardware Version FAST5364

Software Version SG4K100174

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 23

What hardware revision is your router? It might be linked to another port forwarding problem, but that one is a bit different.

Keith

0 Likes

john9871234
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 23

I've done this a factory reset and now I can't add any ports? 

What should I do now???

0 Likes