cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

CityFibre Cancellation

MLee23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I've moved into my new property on 23/03/2023, and have been trying to get broadband. However we keep being told by internet providers and CityFibre that there is still an active line at our address.

We have already spoken to the previous owners who confirmed to us they have informed TalkTalk of the situation. Furthermore they have already got TalkTalk up and running at their new address. Therefore we are confident that all that needs to be done from their side has been done.

With WFH being my main way of working, it's becoming an increasing issue. Please can someone help us.

Kind regards,

Manny

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi MLee23

City Fibre have advised the full cease was completed on the 24th April. 

Message 2 of 8

Thank you! Where do we go from here, would you be able to confirm if the line has been ceased, therefore freeing us up to order broadband?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

The previous owners and CityFibre definitely confirmed TalkTalk as the provider. Their surname was Younan.

Kind regards,

Manny

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi MLee23

I have searched on the post code you have given and as far I can see we have not provided a service to that address, what was the surname of the previous owner?

0 Likes

MLee23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you, I've added my address now but I don't own a landline telephone so I might have to see if I can find a way to do that.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you have not yet managed an order, @MLee23, nevertheless complete your community forum profile details at least with the home address of your new property.

If the line is active, plug in a phone: don't use it for your own phone calls but dial 17070, and the live number will be read back to you. 

Add that in Personal information. PRIVATE NOTES (at the end of that section). SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will be able to check the status of the line during the week. They are not on here at weekends.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes