cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection issues.

shatnersbosun
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Can you check my line please. Connection dropped out yesterday (no red light displayed on hub) then eventually returned at a measly 5.91 mbps synch (no white light on hub), should be 18 mbps. Repeated drop outs since (red light flashing now). No white light on hub when connected. Router status now shows disconnection even when sites are loading (slowly). I had some issues couple weeks ago and I'm next to COP26 zone in Glasgow, wonder if it's affecting the telecoms infrastructure.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Afternoon,

Ok thanks for the update. If the sync speed does continue to drop then please let us know and we can send a replacement router to rule this out.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

shatnersbosun
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hey Michelle, I've given the hub yet another reboot and it's synching at 16 mbps for now. I'll monitor how it goes and get back to you if necessary. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

shatnersbosun
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle. I always use test socket, don't have a landline phone and can't borrow one to check. My router status indicates I'm offline right now even though I'm doing this reply.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has been varying. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes