cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W not forwarding IPSec vpn traffic

dw07dal
Participant
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I have a  DG8041W with fibre 65 connection. I have a VPN server on LAN. I can connect to the VPN ok from the LAN. when I try to connect to the server from the internet the connection fails negotiation. I have allowed IPSec ports upd-4500 and udp_500 through the router.

The port forwading page specifies IPSec. But it looks like the router is either NATing IPSec, or its fragmenting the paclet, or its blocking ESP.

This VPN server log show udp packets with messages larger than udp packets.

The VPN connects fine on the LAN only difference is the connection is sourced from the WAN port now. The router is marketed as being IPSec forwarding capable, and has an option to allow IPSec.

I can connect to VPN server across the internet if I use cisco-force-udp on vpn client, but not traffic flows over the tunnel

How dp I speak to an engineer to resolve? 

vpn server log

2022-05-09 03:36:08 Local7.Debug 10.10.10.10 2658: May 10 20:17:20.006: ISAKMP (0:0): received packet from 213.205.192.234 dport 500 sport 7344 Global (N) NEW SA
2022-05-09 03:36:09 Local7.Warning 10.10.10.10 2659: May 10 20:17:20.006: %CRYPTO-4-IKMP_NO_SA: IKE message from 213.205.192.234 has no SA and is not an initialization offer
2022-05-09 03:36:09 Local7.Warning 10.10.10.10 2660: May 10 20:17:20.018: %CRYPTO-4-IKMP_PKT_OVERFLOW: ISAKMP message from 213.205.192.234 larger (3424390) than the UDP packet length (80)

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24
0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi Debbie,

I hope you well,

Thank you very much, I will let you know how it performs

Many thanks

Kind Regards

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 24

That reviewer doesn't state what firmware they were using, also, it gives no idea of what the problems were. I use this router all of the time, if I agreed with this reviewer, do you think I would use it?

This is a community where anyone can help anyone else, it is not that TalkTalk relies on community members to provide support. Yes, I used to do 3rd line tech support for a large comms company & I cannot get out of the habit of trying to help people.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi dw07dal

Thanks for the Private Message. I have ordered the router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Karl,

It takes me a compose your message page now but when I type debbie-talktalk nobody is found

see screen shot attached

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Keith,

You maybe right about the firmware Im not sure.

But this negative review was posted 09 april 2022. How many firmware updates have been distributed since then?

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

Based on 4 reviewsWrite a review

An other load of CRAP Why dont Talk Talk give us something that is worth more money than they paid for it? I have been sick of them for years. Roll on the court case I have with them. TonyB.

Toiny Booker on Apr 09, 2022

TalkTalk Please give me something that works!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi Keith,

I am sorry I didnt realise you will have to forgive me.

I thought I was talking to talktalk support. Usually providers have their own engineers that provide technical support to their customers, I did not realise that talktalk customers provide the technical support fpr talktalk. All the talktalk resources on the web direct you here for support even the automated call agent. 

You should be getting paid mate they have got you doing 3rd line technical support and made you head of marketing for free, paying you with community stars and badges  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 24

Sorry @dw07dal 

If you read my signature you will find out that I am just a customer, therefore, I cannot supply you with anything. The Sagemcom has received a lot of firmware updates & most of the bugs that I have brought to the attention of the developers are now fixed. When reading reviews you must make sure which firmware version they are talking about & what are they trying to do with it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi

You should be able to send a PM now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

ok,

I called phone support because I couldnt message you, was logged, and my email was not recognised as though my account had been blocked.

I call support and tried to explain, I asked to speak to manager, I was put on hold, will the attendant went to get a manager then they hung up the phone

Ive been trying to sort this out for 3 hours now

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Debbie,

I can not send a private msg, i click your link and it takes me to 404 talktalk error page

I am on the phone to support but they say nothing is in the notes

Ive been logged out alsp

please advise

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi dw07dal

The router should take 24-48hrs to arrive.

Please can you also send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi,

Debbie yes that will be fine

whats the ETA on delivery? its just I was told this huawei was coming in 2 days but took 2 weeks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi dw07dal

I can send the router to the address linked to the telephone number in your Community Profile, will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Debbie,

Do you need any details?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi Keith,

Have you got anything like this?

Cisco RV134W VDSL2 Wireless-AC VPN Router

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/rv134w-vdsl2-wireless-ac-vpn-router/index.html

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi Keith,

The reviews of this Sagemcom WiFi hub home hub dont look good. Have you got anything cisco?

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

Based on 4 reviewsWrite a review

An other load of CRAP Why dont Talk Talk give us something that is worth more money than they paid for it? I have been sick of them for years. Roll on the court case I have with them. TonyB.

Toiny Booker on Apr 09, 2022

TalkTalk Please give me something that works!

doesn't deliver

Simon Fogell on Jun 06, 2021

It drops out all the time and has poor coverage, this happens on multiple devices forcing a reboot of the unit. Really not helpful and useless for the home study/working world of 2021

Useless

Nav on Feb 15, 2021

It's necessary to keep re-booting as wi-fi signal drops. Ethernet works OK.
TalkTalk are hopeless.

poor

dean on Jan 02, 2021

this is a backward step for talktalk, it has no security, no parental controls and usb port

0 Likes

dw07dal
Participant
Message 18 of 24

HI Debbie,

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Thanks @KeithFrench 🙂

@dw07dal Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 24

Hi @dw07dal 

The Huawei does block certain ports when it comes to port forwarding, there is no CLI interface. Perhaps you should try the very similar spec Sagemcom WiFi hub, as that does not block anything. If you would like to try that, please ask @Debbie-TalkTalk in your reply.

Keith