cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W router constantly re-booting

davidallantaylor
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi Im having chronic issues with my DG8041W router. It must rev=boot at least half a dozen times a day and is becoming unusable.

I have checked the logs and it seems it is rebooting due to a "KERNEL Panic"  

It is running firmware 1.05t   but i believe there is a version 1.06 to fix this.   

I have checked my taltalk dashboard and it says the firmware is up to date, but it isnt!  can this be updated please??

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi David,

Glad to hear it's been OK. The 1.06 firmware is just to address this specific issue which does only seem to affect a small percentage of customers with this router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

No problems at all and no re-boots since the firmware update.  so the issue is resolved for me.

Ive noted quite a lot of negativity online about this issue in various forums, just wondered why the 1.06t firmware isnt updated automatically?  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the connection/stability has been ok over the last week?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi David

I'm so glad to hear this. I will check in again with you next week just to make sure everything is still working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

so far so good.... no re-boots since the firmware was updated.

Message 6 of 12

Hi David

How are you getting on, has the connection been ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

thanks, that was very quick!!!  i will keep an eye on it from now on.   

Message 9 of 12

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

The firmware has now been updated, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Thanks Debbie

as soon as you can push it please!   Im getting grief from the wife as she keeps losing connection!

David

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi davidallantaylor

I'm sorry to hear this.

When would be the best time to make a change to your router firmware?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes