cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway rebooting over and over again ( V1.05t)

spindalero
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Please help. router reboots multiple times throughout the day and evening

this error in log

[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

can you update the firmware to see if it helps?

TIA

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi spindalero,

DLM did change your profile on the 4th but there wasn't much of a speed increase, hopefully it will continue to change your profile and you'll see faster speeds over the next few days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

correct. the new hub 2 does not reach the same areas of the house as hub 1 did. and it is positioned in the same location. still waiting for speeds to increase as well... thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi spindalero

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the wireless coverage is poor with the new router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hey Karl,

The connection has been solid. no reboots. speed is creeping up slowly. range within house is poorer than the original hub. will need to look at options for improving this as not acceptable at the moment.

thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi @spindalero 

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. We'll check back in with you in a few days to see how both the stability and speed compares as it can take DLM 48hrs to start optimising the connection.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Yes, the new router arrived and installed last evening. It did lose connectivity overnight but we will see how it goes. speed is awful gone down from 35mb to 21mb. but expect that might creep back up.  might be time to shop around for full fibre with a decent router/mesh... thanks for your help though.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Matt  @spindalero 

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Matt  @spindalero 

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. There will be no charge for this.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

Message 10 of 15

Hi, provided there is no cost to me. Then please send a replacement router out asap. Thanks in advance...

Matt

Message 11 of 15

Hi @spindalero 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We no longer provide firmware updates for this router. Would you like me to send you a new router? (different make and model)

Thanks

Message 12 of 15

Sagemcom. 

Looks similar. Will receive automatic updates, @spindalero.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

spindalero
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

its so painful at the moment! always has been tbh! but worse recently. what are they sending out these days?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I don't think the update is available any more, hopefully the support team will offer a router swap out for a newer model when they come back online tomorrow.