cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connects but no internet

Gavtemp
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I recently had issues with my old Sagem router, it was found to be faulty and a replacement was sent, this was a couple of weeks ago.  Since then I have been experiencing a whole new issue that is driving me to despair. The router connects to the internet just fine, I get the white light on the front and when I go into the user interface it says it is connected to the internet, however on a regular basis I get the “connected but no internet” message on my devices.  This is across phones, tablets and TVs. When it happens I log into the router and it tells me I am connected, I can see the white light is on, not orange, not flashing. I have tried all the usual options, unplugging, powering off, resetting etc, but the same thing eventually happens. I don’t seem to be able to get more than a couple of hours use at a time before this happens, which can be extremely frustrating when watching a film for instance.

i noticed when my replacement router arrived, it was not new and was clearly a previously used one, I am suspecting that this may have been returned due to the same issue by the previous user.  I am happy to try any suggestions as I am about all out this end.  Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @Gavtemp 

I've ordered the replacement router for you, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gavtemp
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me.  That would be most appreciated sending another router, if nothing else it will rule a faulty router out of the equation. I have been pulling my hair out with this, a fault in the router is the only thing I can think of that is causing the issue. If the replacement still has the same problem, I’ll maybe invest in a mesh system, although I am happy with the coverage I am getting now, so fingers crossed. 

I will send back the old one as requested.

Thanks again Michelle, I can’t fault you for the help you have given.

Message 4 of 8

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Would you like us to send another replacement router just to rule this out? We'd also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

Gavtemp
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

I initially thought the issue may be between my devices and the router, however each time it happens I am able to access the web interface of the router by entering 192.168.1.1, when I log in the router reports it is connected to the internet.  The problem usually lasts for a few minutes, then internet is restored to my devices. I have connected a spare router to the Talktalk one, but I have disabled dhcp so there are no conflicts of internal ip addresses. This was to provide a greater WiFi coverage. Problem still exists when I disconnect the second router so I don’t think it is that.

0 Likes

Gavtemp
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Personal detail updated as requested.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Gavtemp,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes