cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DNS Issues

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Over the last couple weeks the DNS issues i've been having with Talk Talk seem to pop up every other day now and it's getting ridiculous. 

With my previous router I had to sign in once and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, because Talk Talk's DNS address just doesn't work. 

I had a new router sent to resolve other connectivity issues I was having, and over the last couple weeks the DNS issues have been consistent. We cannot access Internet in the household, restarting the router will temporarily resolve, as will signing in and changing the DNS between 8.8.8.8 and 79.79.79.79 (again, will only work temporarily, as I've had to do this 3 times just today to get access to internet before it drops again after a while).

Please can this be looked into ASAP? I can't keep restarting my router or manually changing DNS, me and my partner both work from home and this is causing serious disruptions, I almost left Talk Talk last time with the issues I was having, and I'm getting to that point again.. 😞 

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 41 of 44

Hi Jordan

Yes the connection would drop for a short while. We can do this tomorrow morning if that's better?

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 42 of 44

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Yeah that would be fine, would we experience any disruptions during the upgrade? I only ask as my wife is in meetings and calls literally all day so ideally would be able to stay online. Can rearrange for tomorrow if need be.

Cheers, 

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 43 of 44

Hi Jordan

I'm sorry to hear this.

We have a new firmware version we can try, would you like me to update the firmware this afternoon?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes