cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DNS Issues

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Over the last couple weeks the DNS issues i've been having with Talk Talk seem to pop up every other day now and it's getting ridiculous. 

With my previous router I had to sign in once and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, because Talk Talk's DNS address just doesn't work. 

I had a new router sent to resolve other connectivity issues I was having, and over the last couple weeks the DNS issues have been consistent. We cannot access Internet in the household, restarting the router will temporarily resolve, as will signing in and changing the DNS between 8.8.8.8 and 79.79.79.79 (again, will only work temporarily, as I've had to do this 3 times just today to get access to internet before it drops again after a while).

Please can this be looked into ASAP? I can't keep restarting my router or manually changing DNS, me and my partner both work from home and this is causing serious disruptions, I almost left Talk Talk last time with the issues I was having, and I'm getting to that point again.. 😞 

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , we noticed it more on wired devices such as PC and when watching anything on consoles as opposed to wireless. 

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 22 of 44

Hi Jordan

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear and the connection appears to have remained stable since 24/12, there are no re connections showing.

Is this only affecting wireless connections?

0 Likes

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 44

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , I haven't been having the DNS issues anymore it seems, but I am back to having the connection drops I reported in a previous topic of mine, which have been much more consistent. We will be watching TV/gaming, and then devices just have the connection seemingly drop, everything freezes/starts to buffer, then after 5 seconds it's all back to normal. I had this with a previous router of mine which was resolved with a new one being sent out, however it seems that I am having this issue yet again...

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 24 of 44

Hi Jordan

That's great, thank you 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , i will check when I get home and monitor over the coming days to then report back, thank you.

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 26 of 44

Hi Jordan

The firmware has now updated to the latest version.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

Hi Jordan

Thank you. As soon as the firmware has updated I will post back to let you know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 44

Good morning @Karl-TalkTalk , I can confirm I've received the new router, plugged it in and it's currently working. I'll be in the office today, so feel free to update as and when.

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 29 of 44

Hi

The router is usually out in 24 to 48hrs, but at this festive time of year, with couriers under more strain, especially with the Royal Mail Strikes, I cannot guarantee this, but all we can do is wait and see.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 44

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk , yeah I assume as per my previous comment, the router is having serious problems since this morning as nothing is seemingly working and it's constantly flashing orange. Do we know how long it will take for the new router to turn up? As stated previously my wife and I both work from home frequently, and she's dead in the water at home right now.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 31 of 44

Hi

I still cant connect to the router from here. A router is on the way to you, But I'll keep trying.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 44

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk , I think the router may be FUBAR.... It was working fine this morning up until around 8:20 when it started flashing orange, my wife has tried the reset for 10s, 30s and 60s, but no change. She unplugged for 60s, plugged back in and turned back on, still flashing orange, tried the reset again after, and it's STILL flashing orange.... she's working from home today and this is causing major disruptions..

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 33 of 44

Hi

Thanks, I'll re-try in a bit and see what happens. If still flashing orange I would try a factory reset - hold a pin in the rest hole for 10 seconds to factory reset.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 34 of 44

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk , I've asked my wife to reboot it again, will update if it remains flashing orange or not. 

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 35 of 44

Hi

I've tried again and still cannot connect. - Line tests are clear, no outages etc, but still struggling with this. I'll try a little later.  As a precaution I'll also pop a router in the post to you to be on the safe side.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 36 of 44

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk , I did notice this morning before leaving for the office that the router had an orange flashing light, and I assumed that was you guys updating it. I have asked my wife to reboot it and she says it has been done now, please give it another try.

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 37 of 44

Hi

i'm struggling to connect to your router, can you reboot this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 38 of 44

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk . Have a good evening.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 39 of 44

Hi Jordan

No problem. We will post back to confirm once the firmware has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 44

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Yes tomorrow morning would work better, thank you. Please carry it out at any time then. 

Kind regards,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK