cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DSL appears to be dropping several times a day

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

My connection has been pretty solid since upgrading to 35Mbps but recently it has started dropping several times a day. This is usually at really inconvenient times (e.g. during important work calls). I can't say when exactly it started but has got to the point now that I feel I need to report it.

The most recent drop was at around 10.00 today. Checking on the Router dashboard I can see the connection was reset.

Current Connection time

Online for 0:01:05 day(s)

19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

That's great news 🙂

Thank you for your kind words, I wont get a pay rise but I can send you a survey 🙂

Message 2 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , Yes. Sorry. I've been away. Router arrived and installed on Saturday. Looks to be stable so I think we're done here. Thanks for all your help. Is there any place I can upvote you? Maybe you'd get a pay rise or something.

Current Connection time

Online for 02:08:15 day(s)

Message 3 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

Thanks for the additional information, I was just checking if this was related to an issue with the router firmware but I don't think it is.

This should hopefully be resolved with the replacement router.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

Went again while I was at lunch. Checked it when I got back.

Current Connection time

Online for 0:00:34 day(s)

Manufacturer:Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd;
ProductClass:DG8041W;
SerialNumber:********;
IP:********;
HWVer:I.1.01;
SWVer:v1.05t;

1981-01-01 00:00:48 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-1 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:51 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-2 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:53 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-5 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:55 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-6 OK.MAC list:
2023-09-07 13:12:50 [Alert][Debug-Log] dynamic:Load memu from the directory [/html/menu/MenuAbroadXdsl_talktalk.xml].

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

Ok no problem, thank you for checking 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

Sorry. Nothing obvious in the Debug logs @Debbie-TalkTalk , They appear to have been cleared on restart and go back to the start of Huawei time (1981). I'm guessing the 10:53:06 entry today is me logging in. SN and IP redacted.

Manufacturer:Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd;
ProductClass:DG8041W;
SerialNumber:********;
IP:********;
HWVer:I.1.01;
SWVer:v1.05t;

1981-01-01 00:00:48 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-1 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:50 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-2 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:52 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-5 OK.MAC list:
1981-01-01 00:00:54 [Debug][Debug-Log] dynamic:[WLAN] Batch add rule for SSID:SSID-6 OK.MAC list:
2023-09-07 10:53:06 [Alert][Debug-Log] dynamic:Load memu from the directory [/html/menu/MenuAbroadXdsl_talktalk.xml].

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Checking @Debbie-TalkTalk , please bear with me.

Message 10 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

Does it show or mention anything about kernal panic?

0 Likes

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

I have a choice of logs @Debbie-TalkTalk , which one would you like to see? Also. Not sure about posting logs in a public forum so maybe you could provide a private channel for that. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Sure @Debbie-TalkTalk , If it looks like it's a device issue please ship a replacement. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

One last question, can you see any errors in the router logs if you log into the router admin page?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk , The line test doofer says everything is fine. Like I say. This has been solid.

https://support.talktalk.co.uk/status-check

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

The line tests are clear but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing, so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

Thank you 🙂 No not a bot, I'm a real person 🙂

I'm just running some tests now and I will post back shortly.

Thanks again.

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk , Just updated. Are you a bot? Super quick response.

GrumpyGyt
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

In case it helps. Device Information.

On this page, you can view basic device information.

Basic Information
Device Type:DG8041W
Description:EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway
Hardware Version:I.1.01
Software Version:v1.05t
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi GrumpyGyt

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes