cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Damaged external cable

Neleh_123
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Our external cable has been accidentally cut during some works in our garden, so our internet is well and truly down.

We're going to arrange for an engineer to visit regardless, but just wanted to know if we'll be expected to cover costs - I assume so, but wanted to double check. And does anyone know what cost we might be looking at?

Thanks!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

OK, if you need any further assistance just let us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

You've been really helpful, thank you! 😊

We've managed to get hold of the technical team.

Message 3 of 15

@Neleh_123, did you actually click on settings?

Not on the first profile option.

Settings shows a drop down menu that starts with login. Choose Personal Information. 

Screenshot_20231019-175427_Chrome.jpg

Private Notes is at the end of that. 

SAVE CHANGES!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Private Notes is at the end of the Personal Information section if you scroll down, @Neleh_123

Just the usual 03451 720088 for customer support, or wait for staff to pick this thread up again tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Is there a number we can call instead?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Sorry, I meant a place to add a private note...

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Very clear instructions - thank you. However I can't get past the 'About you' section, and can't see anywhere to send a private message - unless it's at the end where I can't get to!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Complete your community forum profile details, @Neleh_123.

Staff will need the account holder's name, so put that, and your landline phone number as well as a fallback mobile phone number. 

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings. Personal Information. 

In the Private Notes section at the end of that area, add your own contact details. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff won't email you, but you will probably get a Private Message Notification. Reply when signed into the forum, from the message envelope in the profile area, NOT by email. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes please.

Can you email me? It's my partner's account, but I can give you his details too.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

We can arrange the engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

That's really useful - thank you.

What is the best number to call to arrange an engineer?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

No problem. That is the standard charge if the visit is chargeable. I don't know exactly how much damage has been caused or how much work will be required to fix it but if for any reason there is an additional charge then the Openreach engineer will be able to advise about this when they visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thank you so much! That's not as bad as I was imagining! 😬

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi Neleh_123,

There's information here abut engineer charges - Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes