cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Devices not seeing 5ghz band

NatCara
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

All my devices connect to the 2.4ghz band but cannot see the 5ghz band so speeds are slower. How can I fix this as mobiles, iPads, fire sticks all cannot see the 5ghz

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

OK, have you tried giving the 5GHz SSID a separate name? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Right I think Iv found the channel which was automatic and changed to 36 option but no changes to seeing it on devices

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Tbh Iv only just realised I didn’t have 5ghz until I went in to check if 2.4ghz was enabled for a camera I looked at. Now I can see we’ve never had 5ghz as it has a different name and is enabled. Never seen the band name on any device. I can see it in the admin but not sure what I need to change to make it viewable. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

OK, you may need to go via advanced settings first. In which case you could always try giving the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs separate names e.g. add 5 on the latter. 

This is quite an old router, is it just now you have started having this issue, or has it always been like this? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Where in Wi-Fi settings? I can see the 2 bands but no option to change anything just says how many devices connected

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

You need to login to the router interface and then go to the WiFi settings. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

TalkTalk DG8041W-2.T5 is all I can see on it.

How do I change it to 34-38?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You don't say which router you have? It may be that the 5GHz channel is set too high, try changing it to around the 38-48 mark. 

0 Likes