cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Discord and Battle.net ...Help!

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Discord voice chat not working... It says, RTC Connecting and then it just says No Route.

Battle.net desktop App wont connect to my account.

Both the above work if I use a VPN.

I am the account holder, I don't have any of the  HomeSafe® features on.

Anyone else having similar problems, found a solution?

Thanks.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 13

Well that would explain : )

Thanks!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

The VPN establishes a secure tunnel between client & server, effectively bypassing the router's firewall or port forwarding.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

It all works with the firewall setting on medium. I know how to forward ports. When I have the time and inclination I will investigate further.

Why would it all work when going through a VPN? My understanding of all these things is limited.

All is good now and my two teenage daughters are no longer hassling me about how unbearable life is with limited internet.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Changing the firewall in the router might get this working, but you are reducing the security to the other devices connected to your router.

You mentioned Minecraft, this is well known to need port forwarding configuration in the router. I can help with this a lot. Perhaps your other games require this as well?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Problem solved... I hope! I changed the settings on my router, Firewall was set to level High, when I changed it to low everything works. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing and I don't recall changing it to high myself but I've run some online security test like Shields UP which says all is OK and that I'm not exposed or anything... So... Hope I'm good : )

0 Likes

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Also Minecraft shows all servers offline... unless we connect via our VPN, Mullvad VPN is what we are using. One of my daughters informs me it started on the 19th of January, she knows this as she runs a server and got the info from her logs.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

It was working a couple of moths ago... My kids alerted me to the issue a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to troubleshoot it my self.

Battle.net the Blizzard frontend app thing-a-me will not connect to the friends list or play multiplayer games. Discord works except for voice call, there it says RTC Connecting and then No Route and flips back and forth between those to without connecting.

As I've mentioned when I connect through a VPN (Mullvad) everything works just fine. This is on all three computers we have in the house and any phones we try over Wi-Fi.

I've turned off the router a few times; over night, while I'm at work. I also tried some different DNS providers without success. Just a VPN works which isn't a happy solution because then other things don't work : )

Two computers with Windows 11 and one with 10, Android phones and Apple, not that I think any of that has anything to do with the issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Hi Toffeeapple,

Has this been working OK until recently?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk all I can think of is it needs to be passed over to your networks team?

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Could you offer any advice please?

Thanks

Toffeeapple
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

I've tried that quite a few times : (

The point is that it all works flawlessly when I connect via VPN... Which leads me to believe it's something TalkTalk blocking related. I've tried different DNS servers with no luck.

But thanks : )

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Maybe try switching your router off for over 30 minutes to force a new session ?