cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet connection but no WiFi

dave10
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

My set up -  Ethernet Connection to Desktop. WIFi for other services Tablets, TV, Printer etc.

Problem- I am able to connect my desktop to the internet via Ethernet(which I am using now). I have no WiFi connection and no availability showing on Tablet.

History - I  connected a printer to the WiFi network, the connection was made ok but WiFi was lost straight after this.

Router Status - On pressing the power on button orange light blinks for a while then turns off.

I realise this is not a service problem but any suggestions very welcome.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

dave10
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Alright. Thanks for your help.

I will post again when the router arrives to let you know the situation.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

ok, but i still think it will be safer to swap the router just in case.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

dave10
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl. 

I have the WiFi working again. I uninstalled the Printer Driver then re-installed using wifi instead of ethernet and everything is back to normal except there is no light showing on the Black Router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

i'll swap out the router so we are sure it is not a hardware issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

dave10
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl. 

The amazon device is a Firestick and it is working!! This is becoming very curious as we have two tablets and the printer which are not receiving wifi. The Black router is not showing any lights. I have connected an old D-Link router which is showing lights on Power and WLAN but nothing on ADSL Fibre or Internet.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi

a printer driver should not stop the wifi from connecting, and I can see an amazon device connected via wifi.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

dave10
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion Karl but it did not work. 

A further update on the history. After connecting the printer to the WiFi Network I installed a new Printer Driver Via the PC with the Ethernet connected. It was following the driver installation that the wifi failed.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Have you tried a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. #

set the router back up and retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes