cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fault Ongoing - Was told to reload chat but cant

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hello

I was dealing with someone in technical regarding my internet dropping out. I had to leave the chat (which was so helpful) so intrusive tests could be done. I was told after 20 minutes to navigate to community.talktalk.co.uk/chatnow and i could restart a chat to deal with the problem.

However there is no chat option, and in my account it now just says 'fault in progress'

Any ideas?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

no problem

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

You should receive the router tomorrow so if you could connect it and let us know when you've done this, we can then run another line test. It would probably be best to leave the new router connected over the weekend regardless of the test outcome, so that we can see if stability improves

Chris

0 Likes

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

ok thanks

So i guess when i get it, plug it into the master socket and run another test.

I will post back once i have done this

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

yes

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

OK thanks Rargh2022, would you like me to send a router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Yes still connected to test socket.
I don't have a spare router

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test is still detecting a potential fault towards the property. Is the router still connected to the test socket (behind the faceplate) at the moment? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with please? If not then please let us know and we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Tried the main socket and nothing improved.
Can you advise?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Regarding the test socket please see the following help article - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Tested at the test socket? i dont know how to do this. I guess those re-connections are the dropouts i have said about

Phone - i have a phoneline but I have never used it. I don't have a phone to plug in.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Line test is picking up a potential problem and I can see that there have been a lot of reconnections over the last couple of days. Could I just ask if you've tested at the test socket and are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

I have already gone through all this on the chat, the person i spoke with said all the notes and details of chat were stored on my account.

Anyhow. Internet regularly drops out, maybe 20-30s at a time. probably once every 10-15 minutes

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Thanks for updating your profile. Could you just give a brief explanation of the problem that you are experiencing 

Chris

0 Likes

Rargh2022
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Details added to my profile.
Yes please can you look into.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to look into the intermittent connection for you?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks