cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Firmware Update

SuperflyForever
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 120 of 120

Hello there, I saw after some searching that people were requesting an update pushed to their router. We recently upgrade to Fibre 65 and despite the offer saying we would be provided with a new router, we didn't get one sent. So instead we bought one but it seems that the firmware according to some posts I gleamed through on the forums here that it needs an update.

Over the past few weeks since having the new router, we will have had inconsistent disconnections. It will sometimes happen multiple times in an hour or once every 24 hours. I saw people saying it was some DNS issue, but before I went messing around with that by myself, I was hoping to get some proper support before I go ahead with that.

The current router firmware is #SG4K10002816.

0 Likes
119 REPLIES 119

Message 101 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Ahh thank you for your kind words 🙂

Debbie

Message 102 of 120

Thank you to you and your team for the diligent and fast response to fixing all these issues. It's very much appreciated.

Message 103 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

No problem. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 104 of 120

For the most part, it seems to be fine, will have to monitor it over the next few days. Thank you for your help.

Message 105 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Openreach have now closed this fault, has the fault been resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 106 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

No problem 🙂

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 107 of 120

Thank you for all your continued support, we've always had some form of internet issue in one way or another, but finally having them sorted out is wonderful.

Thank you again.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 108 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Apologies for this.

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 109 of 120

Hello, I just got home after having the router powered off for just over an hour. Running a speed test and checking the relevant services on the TalkTalk website also, the speeds seem to be exactly the same as they were before the shutdown.

The line test service on the website is also reporting a line fault, same as this morning and last night.

0 Likes

Message 110 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

Ok thank you. A 30 minute power down of the router will just start a new session and should hopefully increase the throughput speed.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 111 of 120

I have thought about doing a router reset, was just a bit paranoid about it breaking again, but that's just me being silly. But yes, I can try all of that. Also, I'm not aware of any issue on the landline.

I can get back to you soon on everything. Thank you again.

Message 112 of 120

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this and I will take a look at the speeds now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault, however the sync speed looks consistent for the last 48hrs. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 113 of 120

Hello, Michelle.

Thank you for your continued concern. Yes, it seems that the issue with the router disconnecting seems to have been fixed, so far at least. It hasn't gone out after 3 days as of this moment.

The only lingering issue is the fluctuating speeds still. Back on Monday, I ran a line test and it showed we had an error on the line. An engineer had come out and did something outside on the junction and said it should be back to normal within a few days. While the speeds have gone up, since at the time it was only running at 20mbps, when we first upgraded to Fibre65, we could sometimes hit around 60. The upload also dropped from the mid 9's to the low 8's also.

I don't know if this is still something that's needing to be sorted out, but still a bit of a bother.

But yes, other than the speed, fingers crossed anyway, the router seems to be at least working better now after the update. So I am very thankful for that.

0 Likes

Message 114 of 120

Hello,

Just checking back in to see if everything has been ok since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 115 of 120
0 Likes

Message 116 of 120

Thank you for the very fast response. Hopefully, this will all be fixed and will let you know if anything goes wrong. Thanks again.

Message 117 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

All done 🙂

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SuperflyForever
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 118 of 120

If you could do it now, that would be perfectly fine. Thank you.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 119 of 120

Hi SuperflyForever

I can update your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without rebooting whilst the FW is being updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes