cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Frustrating Customer Service.

AshtonBlack
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

I have an ADSL2+ connection which, when working used to be 30Mb+, but started to suffer from a lot of dropouts. The online diagnosis claims "there's nothing wrong" even though I can see the cap in the router (max D/L speed) and this is less than the "guaranteed" speed.

I've tried 3 times to raise a call, only to jump through the exact same hoops (they don't seem to see a case history!). The first time they said they'd get an OpenReach engineer out and closed the call. This didn't happen (or at least no difference)

The second time was through their online portal and immediately closed.

The 3rd time was through a phone callbut was closed due to me not having a microfilter to test with. (My socket has a built-in one!)

At no point would anyone listen to me telling them that I can see the "max speed cap" in the router and it's their system masking an external fault which OpenReach have not fixed at all.

So as I embark on one final attempt to get the speed that I'm paying for please wish me luck and hope I get someone who is able to help, rather than just run through a really bad script.

I have got 1 more month with TalkTalk and I will be going to a different service even if it's more expensive.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi AshtonBlack,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Try removing the faceplate from the master socket and connect the router to the test socket using a plugin microfilter. Switch the router off for a full 30 minutes to allow the session to reset and then switch it back on. See if that improves the connection speed at all. 

0 Likes

AshtonBlack
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

AshtonBlack_0-1713011327263.png

The "Actual Rate" never changes from 11399 implying it's system set from the ISP side of the connection.

When it was 30+ (a fluctuating number from 25Mb to 35Mb) it was fine for almost 2 years, but then started to suffer from droputs. My "guaranteed" is rate is 30+.

The first OpenReach Engineering call, didn't "fix" it and I received no information.

Then I had two other calls, to no avail "There's nothing wrong" despite the slow connection

So I have a 2nd OpenReach call that is supposed to come early next week. Hopefully, that'll fix it. But my complaint was that the customer service rep wasn't able to just read the "history" of the job, had to follow the set script every single time I called. They even closed one of the calls because I had a NC5 Mk4 (the socket with the built in micro-filter) and so couldn't try another one.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Please can you include a screenshot of the line statistics that you are referring to, so that I can check them & process this accordingly?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes