cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Google search of my name is bringing up threads on talktalk, i've deleted my forum account

PrivacyMatters
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello. When googling my real name it is bringing up forum posts, even though I went into my forum account and deleted my account.

How can I go about having my name unlinked from the forum?

I have not been able to find an email to contact anyone about this. The information can identify me so it poses a security risk. I posted this in the security forum, but it looks like someone has deleted it without even letting me know why/the resolution to it.

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm just sending you a Private Message. Please can you reply to my PM with the screenshots. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

When CSs "delete" a thread, it is simply not visible to other customers and the OP, as it has been moved to containment. It is not actually deleted. So ultimately totally removing these completely needs to come from Talktalk.

We always tell customers that they must obscure personal information from their screenshots before posting. At the time it would have been easy enough to remove the screenshots, with the delete button on the pictures.

Normally staff will not reply using your real name unless you have used it yourself. 

It would be inappropriate for any CS to remove the information if sent it by PM, as we shouldn't be seeing your confidential information either.

Please wait for staff to reach your thread after the holiday. They'll reach it sooner if you don't post further till you hear back from them, as it needs to get through their automated workflow queue, @PrivacyMatters.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

PrivacyMatters
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Well, I actually had screenshots with my e-mail in it, including my real name etc and the screenshots had my phone number in them etc, staff were responding to me using my name etc 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Staff can't see who you are without you adding your old Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details, @PrivacyMatters.

So, you actually need to set up a community profile all over again. 

All personal information details should be in there, and nothing should ever have been posted for public display that might reveal personal information. 

There should have been nothing posted in the threads that needs removing. 

I can't help via PM. No access to anything. 

We don't know if there will be any staff support till after the Bank Holiday. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The link you provided aren't really relevant to the forums though, that's my point. It looks like my posts are cached on your servers somewhere because searching for my name brings up the topics. Google have said the site owners need to rectify this.

Can I private message you the threads in mention for you to just delete them? Deleting my account should delete the thread, but now I have lost access to the account and the posts still remain including having my private sensitive information.

Please assist

Thanks 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

@PrivacyMatters, it can take time, after Talktalk removes the posts, for Google's search engines to lose the old results:

20220101_173813.jpg

https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@PrivacyMatters, your post from yesterday is still there:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Security/When-searching-for-my-name-in-google-all-my-talktalk-fo...

You can find all your threads in the profile area of the forum, under ACTIVITY. 

When signed in, the threads will show the latest reply in that area. 

Information about your right to be forgotten, and how to contact Talktalk, can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Access-information-we-hold-on-you/ta-p/2204726

0 Likes