cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Here we go yet again! Orange light

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My WiFi has gone down yet again after days of showing on people's devices as no internet connection. 

I've lost count how many times this has happened, but it's really getting on my nerves. 

I can't get talktalk to send an engineer as they will charge me if the engineer doesn't find the fault. Even though the fault been found in past and not fixed by the company BT. It doesn't just effect me, it effects my neighbour but they haven't money to burn either. 

Anyone can suggest how we can get this sorted once and for all? Only error on Talk Talk WiFi hub is status disconnected. 

Oh and flooding in the area. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Brokenrouter

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hello @Skynet_TX thank you for your reply. 

I finally managed to get someone on the chat to find where the fault lies. They have requested an engineer for outside of my property where we now both believe the fault to had been all along. 

The light is solid orange, but if you reset the router it goes white/orange until it relises its broke still then returns back to orange.

Can't test phone line as we don't have a phone.

The fault isn't just on our connection it's the connection we share with our neighbour there service is down also. 

Service desk online only showed we weren't connected to internet, but help desk people couldn't confirm that was the issue. 

The long and short of it is we need a new line putting in as the old one is old and damaged, bt have admitted in past that this is only way to fix this issue that happens every few weeks where we are left with no internet. Hoping the person from BT in the next day or so agrees with the previous person, then maybe they will fix it. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Brokenrouter,

Just to clarify, is the amber light solid or flashing ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a few working days.

0 Likes