cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Home move confusion

GarethOC1995
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi there!

I'm moving home in just under a month and was when chatting to an agent, after giving him my new address he came back with the following error:

"Global Error - This site is impacted by a copper Stop Sell restriction . This means that we are unable to offer fibre to the cabinet packages or MPF packages so i will have to transfer you to the department that will assist to place in a new home move order for you ."

I was wondering what this meant? He did pass me through to someone else on chat who arranged for an engineer to come out on Friday to my new house, but I haven't received confirmation of this yet and the appointment isn't showing on My Account.

All I wanted to know was what this error means? And if someone could confirm if the appointment was booked successfully as my new house is quite far away and I don't want to waste a journey.

Thanks - Gareth

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi, Martswain!

Yes, I've already arranged for a new ISP offering FTTP. BT offer full fibre at my new address, apparently they're the only ones in Northern Ireland that do. I don't much fancy BT, but what can I do sadly 😐.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

If there is a Stop Sell on all copper at the address that will likely preclude any ISP providing ADSL/FTTC as they all use the Openreach network.

You'll have to hope the someone does provide full FTTP in the area .

Have you tried the comparison websites such as Uswitch ?

Message 3 of 9

I've just been told that sadly, they don't yet offer full fibre at my new address which means I'm going to need a new ISP😪. Ive had a few bumps with Talktalk but nothing that wasn't sorted out relatively quickly. Genuinely sad I'm going to have to leave after 2 and a half years.

Thanks for all the support everyone. The staff and community on the forum have been amazing.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

OK, keep us posted, if you need any further help you know where to come.  🙂

Message 5 of 9

Thanks Ferguson, yes that explanation was a lot better than theirs. Thank you 🙂

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

I would. But I hope my explanation has helped!

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for reply, Ferguson.

No, they just offered an engineer appointment for Friday to survey the house. Should I get back in touch with them about it?

Thanks, Daniel

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

It means they are unable to move you to an ADSL/FTTC service as Openreach are no longer providing it. Did they offer an FTTP service as an alternative, because that would appear to be the only thing available?