cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How do I make an official complaint.

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I'm having problems receiving compensation from TalkTalk regarding a lengthy fault at my local exchange which led to me having no broadband for over three weeks.

Following various contacts with TalkTalk customer service I did manage to get a part payment, but it fell well short of what I am owed under OFCOM rules which are based on £8.40 per day.

On hitting a brick wall with customer service, I decided to wait to see what happened and after giving TalkTalk more than enough time to deal with this I decided to contact CEDR.

It seems that the error I have made is that my contact with TalkTalk has been classed under an "enquiry" rather than a "complaint", and although I have been told I have a valid claim under OFCOM rules, CEDR have said they can only get involved if eight weeks have expired after a "complaint" has been lodged, and that "enquiries" do not qualify.

What I would like to ask is how do I make an official complaint that will start the ball rolling so that I can either involve CEDR after eight weeks have expired, or request a deadlock letter should the complaint not get any results.

I find this forum gets much better results than the telephone helpline or online chat, and to be honest I really don't want to use telephone contact again as my experience of speaking to TalkTalk has been pretty horrendous.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 13

Hi,

I received an email today informing me that compensation has now been issued.

I really appreciate the help I have received on this forum and would like to thank Arne and Gliwmaeden2 for their help in sorting this out.

Best Regards.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Hi,

The CICAS case being refered to is case number 644547, which is now closed, so this shouldn't stop TalkTalk from looking into this.

CICAS informed me that while I have got a valid claim, I only raised this with TalkTalk with what they class as a "query", and not a complaint.  They went on to say that they can only take on a case either eight weeks after the "complaint" or if a letter of "deadlock" is received as a result of the "complaint".

They informed me that I should raise the problem with yourselves as a complaint, and then involve CICAS should that yield no results.

They said that CICAS could not get involved until these conditions were met, which is why I started this thread with the title "How do I make an official complaint", as I suspect I will need to involve CICAS at some point.

But just to clarify, my CICAS claim (644547) has been closed until it meets the criteria of a complaint, so can TalkTalk please investigate this or issue me with a letter of deadlock.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi FrankT

Your account states we have received a case file from CISAS so we have to wait for their judgement, meaning we cant interfere with this. 

Regards.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for the response.

I'm happy to wait for a few days, but would like some resolution as this problem goes back to April.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @FrankT, but staff don't work at weekends.  It may even be after the Bank Holiday before you hear back.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Hi,

Since the initial response I received on 25/08/22 I have heard nothing.

Can I please be updated on the current situation regarding the compensation I should have received following a prolonged loss of my broadband service because of a fault at my local exchange.

If this cannot be done, then can you please provide me with a letter of deadlock so I can persue this through an outside service.

Thanks.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

I recieved your latest message.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Thanks, the second link worked.

I've entered the details required.

Thanks.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

Thanks for the help.  I have clicked on the link in the PM, and for a few seconds it takes me to a page entitled "secure verification", but before I can enter any details another screen opos up with a message "Something went wrong.  Oops, you shouldn't be seeing this" (I've attached a screenshot).

I have tried on two different PCs, but keep getting the same result.   Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot (1847).png
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

If you click on your Avatar at the top left, A menu will slide in, at the top right of that menu you will see an envelope, it should have red 1 by it, that will be my message.

0 Likes

FrankT
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I reported the fault to TalkTalk on the 11th March, but I seem to recall the signal was repaired on 5th April 2022, but I'll check as it could have been the 6th.  I'm not sure if I have PMs enabled.  Could you let me know how I access them please.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @FrankT

Was the fault 11th March till the 6th April?

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes