cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router regularly turns itself off. My log says "system reset due to kernel panic"

DanTomlinson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi, 

My router regularly resets randomly throughout the day causing me to drop out of work calls and games etc. I've checked the user log and it says "system reset due to kernel panic"

My device type is DG8041W and software version v1.05t. I believe this needs updating to the latest one to fix it. 

Can anyone advise me on how to update this? I haven't got the time to spend 1/2 hours on the live chat function running tests. Can TalkTalk update this for me?

Many thanks, 

Dan 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Dan

No problem, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie 🙂

DanTomlinson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Brilliant, thanks Debbie. 

Message 3 of 8

Hi Dan

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi @DanTomlinson,

I'll escalate this topic to bring it back to the support teams attention, as it is a long time since you created this topic, they will hopefully be able to respond tomorrow to help.

DanTomlinson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi, 

I’ve added my landline number. Can you do this for me now please?

cheers,

Dan 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Dan

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @DanTomlinson,

The staff here on the community can update your router firmware to version 1.06t, that will resolve this issue for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.