cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How do you know you are on Fibre

mikevick55
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 54

How can you tell whether you on fibre or not. We are on Fibre 35. As far as I am aware there has never been any change to the cable from the telegraph pole in the street to our house and we have lived here 37 years?

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 21 of 54

Thanks. Tried that but still got 4 in red circle obviously one is you message. Never mind

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 54

The numbers at your profile face are simply indicating that someone liked a post, or mentioned you, or, importantly, may indicate a Private Message, so click on it.

That will remove the number, @mikevick55.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 54

Just run a line connection test and instead telling me we have a healthy connection it now tells me the broadband is not meeting our needs.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 54

Something odd has happened today. Download speed is still 6.6 mbps but upload speed is 6.75 mbps instead of 2.2 mbps. How do I get rid of the red circle with a number in it on my profile face?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 54

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 54

Hi Mike

DLM monitors your line/connection. If DLM detects that the line is unstable or there are errors on the line then it will change the profile and reduce the speed to try and stabilise the connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 54

What does DLM mean

0 Likes

Message 28 of 54

Hi mikevick55

If DLM needs to be reset then this will be arranged by the Openreach engineer.

They will also check the line for any faults that is resulting in the speed being lowered.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 54

We will think about. Probably will not do any good.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 54

Hi Mike

I've completed another line test and this is still detecting the same issue.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 54

Ok

0 Likes

Message 32 of 54

Hi mikevick55,

Line test is picking up a potential issue but DLM also needs time to monitor to respond to any improvement with the new router, and move you to a faster profile. This generally takes at least 48 hours but could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll see if there's been any improvement over night

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 54

Hi new router has been on and working since 1100 hours today. However speeds are still 6.6 mps download and 2.2 mbps upload. Looking on talktalk webpage we are  within the parameters of Fbre 35 and Fbre 65. So obviously we are stuck with what we have. Sorry to have bothered you. When contract runs out we will have to look elsewhere.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 54

Ok

0 Likes

Message 36 of 54

Hi Mike

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know once the new router is connected and we can check the connection stats and line test results again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 37 of 54

yes

Message 38 of 54

Hi Mike

I think we should send a new WIFI hub so we can rule out any hardware faults. Will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 54

our current one is a DSL- 3782. so fairly new

0 Likes

Message 40 of 54

Hi Mike

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Further information can be found here Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first so we can rule this out?

0 Likes