cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to reboot a TalkTalk DG8041W from a BROWSER

pve123
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Recently installed this TalkTalk DG8041W running TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t. Can obviously switch off unit from the back or switch off at wall but how to reboot via PC web browser please? A manual/user guide would also help. Alternatively does any one know what the Reset button does in the dashboard?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

All good now thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

Do you still need any assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Ta much. The box is new to me and I wanted to make sure that devices I have assigned as static are correct. Also my previous box, a TalkTalk DSL-3680 would lock me out after 30 minutes or so and in order to change configuration I would need reboot it so a bad habit. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

It is an option, the reset button you pictured needs further choices once clicked. May I ask why you need to reboot anyway? Regular reconnections are likely to cause DLM to slow down your service. 

Message 6 of 10

Indeed so I'm a bit reluctant to try it to reboot in case it resets my configurations.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Ah, OK, that gives you series of options including the "nuclear" one of going back to factory defaults! 

pve123
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Excellent. Dunno why its so buried. The "Reset button" I was referring to is in Manage advanced settings > Home Page per screen grab with text. 

Image1.jpg

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

There isn't a Reset button in the Dashboard as far as I can see? To restart via the web interface click on See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > System Info > DSL Information > Restart DSL.