cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Huawei HG633 - WiFi dropping

Missami1987
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

The WiFi is constantly dropping out on the HG633 I have, the line to the house is all ok, but the router drops the WiFi signal at will.

I have tried to use different channels, 5Ghz, moving the equipment but no matter what is done, within minutes, the signal disappears in to the ether...

Conversations with Live Help have not helped as all the focus is on the line in to the house and not the actual router, I have a suspicion that the router needs replacing as it is a veteran now.

TALKTALK HELP PLEASE! 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Fiona_b1 

When you have created your own thread, please feel free to @mention me into it, as I can help a lot with Wi-Fi issues.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 10

Hi @Fiona_b1 

Please can you create a new thread/topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@Fiona_b1, you've posted on a very old thread, and, anyway, staff will only reply to the original poster.

Please go back to the message board and click on start a topic, near the top of the screen.

You also need to complete your community forum profile details for staff to identify your account.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 10

Hello. We have the same issue with our Huawei-HG633 router. It also cuts off the WiFi whenever we use the landmine but whenever we report a fault wee get told all is OK. We're on the verge of giving up and getting a new device provider but seeing this post I'm wondering if a new router my fix the issue for us too. Hope do we get one please. 

Thanks

Fiona 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Missami1987
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

All sorted thanks to a new router, as suspected, that was the issue, not location and interference.

Cheers TalkTalk

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Missami1987

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results, so as I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes