cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What is EERO?

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 67

As part of my new fibre connection, or of the random boxes I've received appread to be called "EERO". There is not explanation as to what it is or what it's for. The instructions say:

Step 1: download the app.

No. No. No. No. are you completely insane? Tell me what it is and what it does, then I'll decide IF I want to plug it in to my network or download any app.

NB, again, I am OBLIGED to put a "label" on my post. EEPRO is not one of the options. What should I do? this is soooo random. Is this damn thing even from TalkTalk?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 67

That's nice. So, when do I receive my mobile phone, or other device which can run an "app"?

0 Likes

Message 62 of 67

I'm getting a new fibre service. I have received three random boxes.

One is called EERO (I guess it's the router, but there are ZERO instructions other than "download the app" which is NOT going to happen until someone tells me what the box is.

One has no name, but it has an HDMI connector, so I guess it's the set top box. It's instructions say "disconnect you aerial cable and connect it to the hub". That's not goig to happen, because then how can I receive live terrestrial TV?

Finally, there's a "Digital Voice Adapter" which, I think, (based on 25 years of industrial experience) is probably a VoIP adapter, but I'm waiting for a straight answer.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 67

It is your new router.

It is controlled via an app instead of using an interface on your web browser.

Details can be found here 

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/wifi-hub/eero

I use one, with no problems

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 65 of 67

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did you try factory resetting the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 66 of 67

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 67

My Sagemcom FAST router is very slow. I don't mean the WiFi is slow. The web interface is dreadfully slow, and some portions don't work. It takes many seconds for the web GUI to refresh. Once I'm in "Manage Advanced Settings" then TalkTalk WiFi Hub, I see the Device Info / General tab, but selecting Light Control, DNS, DynDNS, or Maintenance does nothing. The tabs no longer appear.

I was actually looking for an option to disable beamforming, since there is a large number of WiFi clients connected and some don't stay connected reliably.

Can you help, please?

0 Likes