cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent Broadband

ekwirky1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

My router keeps dropping the broadband connection and displays an orange light before reconnecting.  The talktalk line tests shows on the webpage says there is a line fault but the message sent to m phone says there is no fault!  Help!

Elizabeth Kirkwood
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi ekwirky1

The line test has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Have you connected the router directly at the test socket?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Ok, just to confirm, have you tried connecting the router to the test socket within your master socket (you would need to use a microfilter to connect the router to the test socket).

ekwirky1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - I have updated my profile page.  The master socket is an NTE 5C mk 4 and the router is connected directly into it.

Elizabeth Kirkwood
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ekwirky1,

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

0 Likes