Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband connection

sclrowe
First Timer
Message 23 of 23

Intermittent connection started yesterday morning and has been intermittent ever since.  Drops out for 10-30secs or so then connects again for a while before dropping out. Seems to be the case in the mornings, yesterday pm was OK but it kicked off again this am. Have done all of the usual checks to no avail. Speed is also v low - 29Mb to the router on a 65Mb package. 

Any suggestions / admin solutions welcome - many thanks!

Simon R
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23
0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Thank you.

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi sclrowe,

I've ordered another router to test with, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

No, I don't have a spare. Since the last log file I sent the connection has stayed up so I would doubt it is a router issue but happy to try.

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi sclrowe,

Do you have another router you can test with? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

sclrowe
First Timer
Message 6 of 23

Hi - please see log data below:

sclrowe_1-1631006753828.png

sclrowe_0-1631008308264.png

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault, however the connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. Is there any noise on the voice service? What issue are you experiencing with the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi THere. THe connection started playing up in the same manner as previously yesterday. Can you investigate please?

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi sclrowe

I'm so glad to hear this.

Would it be ok to leave the router in its current set up for a while longer just to see if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi Debbie - it's been fine this morning thank you.

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi sclrowe

Thank you.

How has the connection been since the router has been at the test socket? Is the connection still dropping?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

OK, thanks. I'll leave it there until I here from you again.

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi sclrowe

Thank you. I've completed another line test which is now clear - No faults detected.

Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for 24hrs to see how the connection compares?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Now connected to test socket

Simon R

Message 15 of 23

OK. Give me 5mins

Simon R

Message 16 of 23

Hi sclrowe

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so I can run another line test in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

No, it's in the standard socket

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi sclrowe

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed another line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property.

Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Michelle - no, nothing different happening at those times that does not happen at any other. No automated processes, IoT requests, unusual load demands etc.

Simon R
0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hello,

Thanks for the update. When this happens during this time do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/go off at around this time?

Thanks

0 Likes