cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 43

Can anyone here help with a problem that I've been having recently with a dropping broadband connection. Over the last few days the connection has started to drop every few minutes, sometimes it lasts a bit longer, but it's off more than it's on just recently. I have run a TalkTalk Health Check and the report says there is a problem with my line. The router (DG8041W) is currently hard wired to my pc with an ethernet cable to eliminate a wifi problem, although I'm pretty sure it's not wifi because the white light on the router (DG8041W) goes red when the connection drops. Thanks in advance. Nick.

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 1 of 43

Hi Nick,

Line test is failing and can see the speeds are low and connection is very unstable. I've raised this to Openreach for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 43

nickr_2-1702505939964.png

And another one. Done within moments of the last one. Internet speed changing by the minute. 

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 43

nickr_1-1702505790134.png

Another test done moments after the other test.

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 43

Results of my internet speed test from 2 minutes ago.

nickr_0-1702505541470.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 43

I had no choice and it certainly wasn't something that I wanted to do. I had to drive 15 miles each way the night before the exam after work to get it all set up and then the 15 miles each way the next day to sit the exam.

I received the message that I posted earlier from TalkTalk the weekend before acknowledging that there was a problem with my line and that an Openreach engineer would dealing with the problem and they would contact me with an update. That was 18th of November. Has anyone contacted me?? No prizes for guessing the right answer. 🤥

0 Likes

Message 6 of 43

I'll re-escalate this thread, @nickr.

Glad to hear that you made the contingency plans last month!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 43

My connection started dropping again yesterday. Can I get an update on this message that I received from TalkTalk please. Nobody ever got back to me as promised in the message, so I'm none the wiser as to whether anything ever got fixed or not. I had to use SOMEBODY else's internet for my exam a few weeks back. (FYI) Thanks in advance.

410360352_905159677848179_4950459258707744691_n.png

0 Likes

Message 8 of 43

Hi Nick,

I've sent a PM with another link

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 43

That is the snag with the whole online exam culture, @nickr.

There can be a problem with your connection and / or device any time, of course, so all you can do is mitigate the situation. If there's any likelihood of problems not being sorted in time, can you make contingency plans to sit the exam in a different location?

Any PMs sent by staff need a reply the very same day, as the link expires. Another one will have to be sent.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 43

I have an online exam on Friday and if my connection drops during the exam, I'm pretty much screwed. I received a text message from talktalk saying that they acknowledge a problem between the exchange and my address and that they were sending an Openreach engineer to fix it within 2-3 working days. The 3rd day will be tomorrow. Apparently Openreach will be in touch with me directly with an update. Chris..... that link that you sent me isn't working. Thanks in advance for your help. Nick.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 43

Hi nickr,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 43

You will have to wait until Monday for a further response from the support team. If there is a fault with external wiring then TalkTalk can arrange an engineer.

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 43

I have no choice but to search for another ISP. Connection dropping every 2 minutes. It has to be the wires outside property. This is ridiculous. 😒

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 43

nickr_0-1700341274560.png

0 Likes

Message 15 of 43

No...just 4 copper wire.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 43

Hi nick

Can I just check, do you have a FTTP connection? 

0 Likes

nickr
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 43

nickr_0-1699999337791.png

0 Likes

Message 18 of 43

Account number added to "private notes" section Debbie. Download speed is currently @3Mbps. I think the connection problem has something to do with the rain. I removed the cover on the outside of the house where the cables come in to the property and it was pretty wet in there. Just a thought.🤷‍♂️

0 Likes

Message 19 of 43

Hi nickr

Please can you add your TalkTalk account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 43

Hi Chris. Still dropping. It lasted about an hour when I got home from work, but now it's dropping every few minutes again.

0 Likes