cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down every Sunday at midnight

Rettie123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

My Internet goes down every Sunday at midnight till about 1am for months now similar to what others have posted. I don't have safe search enabled as I understand but also get technical errors when trying to view these options in my account. 

I've done multiple router resets, full power off etc.

The errors I get are ssl related errors for every website. It's trying to load some talk talk site when browsing to any site eg Google.co.uk

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@Rettie123 

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working ok, thanks for letting me know 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Funnily enough I found the same setting today. Great to know that’s the fix. Thanks!

Rettie123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

once I was able to login to MyAccount and view security section I was able to see that something called Homework time was enabled between 12-1am and this was the cause of the issue. Since disabling it is no longer an issue.

It strange how it was ever enabled in the first place because I never had access to the security section.

many thanks for helping @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Message 4 of 12

I’ve tried that previously, doesn’t work 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

The work around is to change the DNS settings in your router to bypass homesafe while we work to resolve this issue.

0 Likes

Speakeasy1
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

I’m still having this issue, it’s been going on for ages. Happened again Sunday just gone

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi @Rettie123

While this issue is still ongoing, there is a work around to stop this happening.

If you log into your router and change the DNS settings this will bypass Homesafe instructions can be found on our help page Using 3rd Party DNS - TalkTalk Help & Support

The root cause of the fault has been identified and a fix will be implemented as soon as its been tested.

Regards 

0 Likes

Rettie123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk any updates on this please? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Sorry to say I’ve been having this issue for weeks now. 
I’ve learned that it’s a low priority to fix it as so few users are affected. 

t

There are at least 4 active posts on the community pages related to this issue to my knowledge. 

0 Likes

Rettie123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , 

When I login to MyAccount and select the security section (https://service.talktalk.co.uk/myaccount/security) I get an error so unable to check if this is enabled. More details on the error below

There was a technical error

We’re sorry and working hard to resolve this. Please try again later.

HTTP 500 error from https://public.online.webservices.talktalkgroup.com/api/v2.0/rest.php/network/security

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Rettie123

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

0 Likes