cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping out

Gemma19935360
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Internet keeps dropping out at various point of the day. Raised a fault. Says its working on it. But also says my Internet connection is good? So which is it? I've done ALL the troubleshooting and it's made absolutely no difference.

G.Blacklock
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Yes, you can plug it in when it arrives and the wifi details will be on the back of the router.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you so I set it up as per instruction?

G.Blacklock
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Gemma

Usual tests are currently passing but I can see some drops in the connection.

First thing to rule out is the router, so a new Hub is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

20221213_132602.jpg

 let's not letting me show the picture. No wired connections to the router. And I don't have cables to test this.

G.Blacklock
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Your link to the image is broken, but your fault description tells me all I need to know.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Gemma19935360
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

20221213_132602.jpg

 this is the back of my router. If this helps.

The light stays solid white.

It drops out and flashes orange.

Then switches to flashing between white and orange.

G.Blacklock
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes