cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN not working

AlexB2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Please can you assist. My works VPN is not working. My IT department at work says that the router is blocking the connection (PPTP)

Device version Fast 5364-3 T8

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

We do ask that customers start their own thread, even for the same issues as this makes it easier for us and customers to follow the flow of a conversation.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

It is an old and dormant topic you have posted on, the support team handle each case on an individual basis. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

its the same topic - PPTP is not working -  I am simply expanding it. 

Thx.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

@Disgruntled_User Please start your own topic and the support team will be happy to help. 

Disgruntled_User
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Hi Skynet_TX,  how can I get my router updated? I have had the same problem with PPTP since spring. 

Kind regards, 

g

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi AlexB2

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

The support team here will be back in the morning, they may need to change the firmware on your router, which will mean you would lose connection for 5 to 10 minutes, but hopefully that will then resolve the VPN issue.

Message 8 of 11

Thank you for your reply . I have up dated my community profile. Hope this can be fixed soon , as I am unable to work from home

0 Likes

AlexB2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for your reply . I have updated my community profile.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @AlexB2,

This will probably have been caused by the router firmware upgrading to a new version.

The support team here will be able to help, they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings or changing the firmware, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes