cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping regularly

chris_m
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 38

My internet has been dropping for the past 3 weeks. It comes back on goes periodically but it seems to be off more that it's on.

Very low level activity seems to work such as skype messaging and whatsapp but browsing doesn't. The router maintains a white light and if I test the line it says I have a healthy broadband connection.

Currently restarting my router several times a day to try and kickstart it.

Have been on to talktalk support a number of times and it's all the same process and and never any improvement.

On all occasions they have said that the updating the firmware on the router has failed so I don't know if this is a related or not. Support don't seem overly concerned about it.

Was advised to factory reset it  if the issues continue but no difference. Any ideas?

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 21 of 38

Message 22 of 38

Brilliant! Thank you!

Message 23 of 38

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 38

That would be great! Thank you

0 Likes

Message 25 of 38

Would you like me to send one? I think it's worth trying another router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 38

Hi Chris, I don't! Sorry

0 Likes

Message 27 of 38

Hi Chris,

Do you have another router that you can test with? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 38

Hi Chris, apologies for the delay. I can't find a spare microfilter to do this  - the socket has one built in so would normally go through that. The internet was stable all of yesterday which was the best in a long time however it dropped again this morning at around 8:30am and hasn't come back on. I've just restarted the router again. White light continues to show on the router

0 Likes

Message 29 of 38

Yes, if you would please, are you connecting it to the test socket with micro-filter

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 38

No, I changed it back when the white light didn't come back on on the router. Should I try connecting it again to the test socket? 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 38

Yes

0 Likes

Message 32 of 38

Is that with the router connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 38

UPDATE: The white light is back on now

0 Likes

Message 34 of 38

Ok thanks, do you just have the one telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 38

Re: phone line - don't use the phone line much at all so couldn't tell you. I've just tried calling my mobile and I would say it is perhaps a little fuzzy but couldn't tell you if that is normal

0 Likes

chris_m
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 38

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just tried disconnecting the cable, opening the cover on the socket cover, and connecting it to the internal socket but the router was then just flashing orange.

I've now tried to put everything back and it continues to just flash orange on the router. So it's dropped completely!

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 38

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing but I can see that there have been some disconnections. Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes