cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet keeps dropping/speed to devices poor

Katesqui333
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi 

The internet keeps dropping this evening, apparently there are no issues with the Internet. When I did a speed test it says the speed to the router is good but the speed to my device is poor ? 

The internet is Usually connected to multiple devices and works fine ? 

Katie Giles
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Katesqui333

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear and the sync speed looks ok.

Please can you run a wired speed test when the speed drops to see how this compares?

Are any devices connected uploading when the speed drops?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Katesqui333,

Is this affecting both wired and wireless devices (if you have both) ?.

What do the light(s) do on the router when you lose connection ?.

What model of router do you have ?.

If the light(s) on the router indicate it is losing connection with the internet....

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line (if you have not already done this), this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.