cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet not working

muzza1411
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Can somebody please help.

My mum's Internet hasn't been working for weeks. Whenever I call talktalk all they ask me to do is reset the router, then send me another one and blame the router saying it's faulty.

Yesterday on live chat somebody said its because the router is not connected to the talktalk network. At this point, after 2 hours on live chat, the conversation was abruptly ended so it's still unresolved.

Before I contact them yet again, can somebody please tell me how to go about connecting it to the network? My mum was a former shell customer. An engineer has to come out twice in the last couple of months and finally got her connected. But now the connection has failed.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Again, you are wrong. Shell did supply Sagemecom routers, just different ones. So we are in the realm of speculation. Maybe, maybe not? Either way, this is not helping the OP. For the third time, please leave this to the support team. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I am responding to your comments to me, and not directly in response to the OP's query.

Shell Broadband did not supply a Sagemcom router. The replacement router has been supplied by TalkTalk, and if it's a Sagecom router, then it is a 5364. I am now using a TalkTalk supplied Sagemcom 5364.

For the second time I am a TalkTalk customer by acquisition.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

In which case you will know that Shell did not supply the Sagemcom 5364. Can I ask again that we leave it for the support team to respond, please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Yes, I know. I was one too.

Shell broadband was provided via TalkTalk equipment at the exchange. Instead of using the supplied router, a Zyxel AMG1302, I used a TalkTalk Huawei HG533 that I had from when I was previously a TalkTalk customer. That way I could see settings that the Zyxel AMG1302 did not show, such as the SNR.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

@whatsgoingon0 

We are dealing with a former Shell customer here, so maybe not the same as a TalkTalk model. Let's leave it to the support team now. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Presumably that's the Sagemcom 5364. If it is flashing orange and white, then the DSL is in sync, but it has not established an internet connection. A solid white indicates it is in sync and connected to the internet.

Whatever the engineer did to 'fix it', was that at the house, not at the exchange?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

OK, let's wait and see if the support team here can help at all. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

FYI it's a sagecomm router

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

The router flashes orange then white. I've tried 4 routers now. An openreach engineer has been out twice to fix the issue and fitted new ports. It was working perfectly then all of a sudden the connection dropped. I've reset the router countless times but nothing happens

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Connecting the router to the network simply means connecting the broadband cable from the router to the phone socket via a microfilter.

What router has been supplied?

What is the status of the lights on the router?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Well, "connecting to the network" from a user point of view should simply mean that you plug in your router to the DSL port on the Openreach socket, or via a microfilter if necessary. If remote tests show otherwise, there is not a lot you can do. The support team here will pick this up tomorrow and advise further. 

0 Likes

muzza1411
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Does anyone know what they mean by connecting it to the network? And how I go about this? I really can't face spending more time on live chat

0 Likes

muzza1411
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

I've spoken to the dedicated migration team on multiple occasions. It's them that keep blaming the router, and send another one out. Yesterday I requested that an engineer be sent out but they now believe it's because the router isn't connected to the network. I don't know how to go about this and am losing the will to live having spent hours on the phone and live chat over the past few weeks 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Sorry to see this. Unfortunately, the support team here are limited in what they can do at present for former Shell customers. There is supposed to be a dedicated Shell migration support team available via customer services, so do try specifying it is them you need to speak to when contacting them again. 

0 Likes