Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed slow after "Tech Support" chat...

DavidJ4
Team Player
Message 49 of 49

Hello

My internet speeds with "TalkTalk" were always slow. I've been getting not more than 1.7mbp/s (Not MB, 0.200MB) which is really slow and in the service availability it states that I should get at least 3-6MB.

So yesterday, I've called the Tech Support via phone, and they've done multiple testings. I had to remove faceplate from mastersocket, plug DSL cable into test line, and the agent told that no problems were found, but they updated my router (which is false, because it was same version before and after that) and he also stated to monitor my internet speeds.

So currently, my speeds became even worse than before, and I'm planning actually of leaving talktalk after so many years of service with them. I need immediate support.

Thanks.

RomualdJ
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 1 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

Are you still having this problem, Line tests are coming back clear. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 49

Yes I borrowed one phone. It was making some strange low pitched noices and the signal wasnt stable.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 3 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this can affect the broadband connection and we would need to investigate this first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 49

I don't have a landline phone. I only use broadband so I can't test that.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 5 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault. Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then I can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 49

Right, after couple of months, same thing happened again. At about 03:34am internet restarted on it's own, and the connection became unstable. From 4mbps droped to 0.9mbps.

Can't watch any movies even on 480p as it's constantly buffering (using ethernet cable). TalkTalk starts to *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* me off honestly, unreliable service... 

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 7 of 49

Hi DavidJ4,

We've been advised that if all equipment checks have been completed then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I've sent you a Private Message to confirm some details. Please do not post any personal information on the Community and reply via Private Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 49

Hi DavidJ4,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've requested an update now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive a response back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 49

Hello.

Have they done something at the exchange, because I see no improvments.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 10 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

Apologies for this.

You may lose service for a couple of hours whilst this work is being completed at the exchange.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 49

Hello, now I don't even have my internet for past one hour. Used already £5 of data just to talk to you. You do something, or i leave talktalk, that's enough of me...

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 12 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

As the card reset hasn't increased the sync speed our Network Team have requested that further work is completed at the exchange. We should receive further updates on this later today.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

I've contacted our Network Team for an update and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 49

Hello.

Checked internet speeds today, it's 2.7mbs

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 15 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

Our Network Team have requested that an out of hours card reset is completed tonight.

Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow morning and we can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

Thanks for your reply.

I've raised this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 49

Yes, it is still plugged in in the test socket and yes I changed adsl cable and microfilter.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 18 of 49

Hi David

Is your router still connected at the test socket?

When you connected the replacement router did you also change the adsl cable and microfilter?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 49

Hello.

Been using new router since arival. Download speeds did not changed at all, 3.20mb/s tops.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 20 of 49

Hi DavidJ4,

As you're now using the new router I've restarted the DLM optimisation process. Can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll see how you're getting on

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes