cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talktalk Router allocating wrong ip addresses to Guest Network - no guest access

orange2
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Talktalk router using a different deault ip address range, is allocating wrong ip addresses to guest network devices, and they cannot see the internet nor can I configure it through the web interface (Non-guest wifi internet access is working fine through it)

Says that online chat should be available but there are no chat links active which is really disappointing.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

Hi orange2,

I'm sorry that the guest feature isn't working, as Keith says this will be fixed in a later firmware update, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

The whole point of this Community forum is that threads can be answered by anyone. I said that I supplied TalkTalk with a buglist that contains this bug. Therefore TalkTalk already know about this.

However, as you want it, I will ask them to comment on it. There can be no fix though, until the next firmware release later this year.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

orange2
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for confirming this.  Its a shame talk talk are not taking any action or replying to this thread - very disappointing TalkTalk.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi @orange2 

I have just checked the buglist that I sent to TalkTalk for firmware V174 and I had already reported this as a bug. There are two possibilities as to what you might see in this case:-

1. The allocated IP address can be on the 192.168.8.0 subnet but with a DNS server of 192.168.1.1, which is not
    accessible as it is on the wrong subnet.
  2. Most of the time the only allocated IP address is the Windows APIPA 169.254 one.

Either way there is no internet access & neither can you access the GUI as that is on the 192.168.1.0 network (in my tests).

My testing today has been using the standard router IP address of 192.168.1.1/24 configured in the GUI.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

I'll do some testing & try and get back to you tomorrow.

Keith

Message 6 of 8

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2, SG4K, FAST5464

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

What make/model of router are you using?

Keith