cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Invalid IP address - port forwarding / DMZ

LeicesterLoser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

I have a FAST5364 router, running SG4K100174.

I'm trying to set up port forwarding but always get an "invalid IP address" error.

My Router lives at 192.168.10.1; the only thing connected to it is a Unifi USG. I've seen some suggestion that forwarding doesn't work unless this router is at its default IP address?

I've also tried putting the USG in the DMZ - that also results in an invalid IP address error. If I navigate to the USG in the "connected devices" page in the router GUI and try to put it in the DMZ from there, I get a different error - "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened"

Is there different firmware available for this router to fix this?

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 37

Hi @gita93 

Do you have your own thread for this?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

gita93
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 37

isnt there still any solution for this? This does not allow me to work properly 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

Yep that’s what I thought, thanks Keith, guess I didn’t get the most helpful customer service rep then.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 37

Hi @ben616937 

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Device Info > General

In there look at the hardware version.

It will say FAST5364 3.00 for V3 and FAST5364 4.00 for V4.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

ben616937
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 37

Just coming back to this. How do you identify a router as being either V3 or V4 please? I was a TalkTalk customer support chat yesterday and they seemed to believe my router was a V4 however I’m still not able to use the DMZ port forwarding capabilities and was under the impression my router is a V3 hardware. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 37

Thanks Keith, this was the same method I followed originally. I did just try it again but same result unfortunately. Happy to test any other suggestions anyone may have. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 37

Hi @ben616937 

Just to clarify this, login to the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub > LAN IPv4

Now in the DHCP section, toggle the Enable button to off & click Apply. Then put in back on & click Apply again.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 37

Thanks Keith. I did also try disabling DHCP and then activating again last night to no avail. Though I may have not done it correctly. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 37

Thanks for that @LeicesterLoser it was worth a try. Let's hope that the new firmware won't be too long away.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

I've just tried this workaround of enabling DHCP on the router. It didn't work for me - exactly the same error messages resulted.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

Hi ben,

Unfortunately no timescales as yet, however we we're advised that it would be in the first half of the year.

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 37

I am a customer @ben616937, so the answer to that is no.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 37

There is a possible workaround to this bug that another customer with V3 hardware discovered.

Try to disable the DHCP server on the router, save config, re-enable DHCP server, save config, and then try the rule again. It seems to be a bug in the way the router UI config stores or queries the local LAN subnet mask.

Keith

0 Likes

ben616937
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 37

Hi Keith, I don’t suppose you have a timeframe?  Cheers, Ben

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 37

There is new firmware due out some time soon.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi ben,

Are you experiencing the same port forwarding issue?

Michelle

0 Likes

ben616937
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 37

Is there an update on this issue please? Is the only reliable solution to get a new router with V4 hardware?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 37

Hi @EdHodson 

Thanks for this, the next person I see with this problem I will certainly ask them to try your workaround. However, I have dealt with so many customers since the last one of these, I have no idea who had the problem previously. Hopefully, as I said, it will be rectified in the next firmware release.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

Hi Keith,

Might be worth asking other users affected by this bug to disable the DHCP server on the router, save config, re-enable DHCP server, save config, and then try the rule again.  It seems to be a bug in the way the router UI config stores or queries the local LAN subnet mask.

Under the hood, the actual router must of course have it stored correctly in order to operate as a router, but as described and screenshotted, something about the DHCP server config leaves the UI code thinking it has a blank subnet mask and hence when it checks the LAN address to be forwarded to in the forwarding rule, it fails as it appears like the target address is not on the same subnet.

BTW, I just received a new router from TT and I am a bit disappointed it is another v3!

Cheers,

Ed