cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Invalid IP address - port forwarding / DMZ

LeicesterLoser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

I have a FAST5364 router, running SG4K100174.

I'm trying to set up port forwarding but always get an "invalid IP address" error.

My Router lives at 192.168.10.1; the only thing connected to it is a Unifi USG. I've seen some suggestion that forwarding doesn't work unless this router is at its default IP address?

I've also tried putting the USG in the DMZ - that also results in an invalid IP address error. If I navigate to the USG in the "connected devices" page in the router GUI and try to put it in the DMZ from there, I get a different error - "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened"

Is there different firmware available for this router to fix this?

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 37

Thanks for that @EdHodson the vast majority of people with this issue are using the router's internal DHCP server. I am hoping that it is finally fixed in the next firmware due sometime soon. However, as mine is V4 hardware, I never saw the issue & could never tell if it was fixed or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 37

Hi Keith,

I'm on V3 hardware.  I'm just passing on the workaround that worked for me, since it seems to be a long-standing bug and an issue for other users.

Cheers, Ed

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 37

Hi @EdHodson 

This is a bug with firmware V174 and before only affecting V3 hardware. Perhaps you are on V4 hardware? Anyway, it should be fixed in the next release of firmware.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

EdHodson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 37

Hi folks,

Not sure if this was issue resolved, but I had the same problem recently and I discovered a workaround.  I thought I would post it here in case it helps someone else in future.

I also found that the UI always reported "Invalid IP Address" when trying to add a port forwarding rule (/2.0/gui/#/access-control/port-forwarding/add-rule).

The issue appears to occur when you have the DHCP server (/2.0/gui/#/mybox/DHCP) disabled on the Sagemcom 5364 router.  I disabled it because I find the DHCP daemon to be unreliable on the router and so I run my DHCP server on another device instead.

When the router DHCP server is disabled, the router UI also reports "-" as the local subnet mask under /2.0/gui/#/mybox/deviceInfo/deviceInfo, rather than the expected 255.255.255.0 (or whatever you have configured).  This is obviously impossible, but when it is reporting this, you won't be able to add the port forwarding rule.

Sagemcom 5364 BugSagemcom 5364 Bug

The workaround is to enable the DHCP server temporarily, then add your forwarding rule, then disable it again (if you want to).  You will find that when you enable the DHCP server, the subnet mask is reported correctly in the deviceinfo section too.

Cheers,

Ed

0 Likes

Message 25 of 37

Hello,

I understand and I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll ask the Devices Manager now if they have a set date for the new firmware.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 26 of 37

That's rather disappointing. This is functionality I now need for work; I may have to look elsewhere. Good thing I'm now out of contract!

0 Likes

Message 27 of 37

Hi,

Apologies, we only have the one version of the wifi hub that we can send, we don't have another make and model of router. This has been raised and we're hoping a new version of firmware will be available in the new year.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 28 of 37

Thanks for the confirmation @KeithFrench 

@Michelle-TalkTalkIs it possible to get a replacement router that doesn't have this known issue? Waiting for a firmware release that may or may not ever appear isn't a very satisfactory solution.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 37

Yes, that is V3, which is the one that has the problems, you can try a factory default of the router, but it is probably not going to change anything. This is a known bug that is in hand with the developers. It is now a case of waiting for the next firmware release, to see if the fix is in there.

I am not party as to when this will be.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 30 of 37

@KeithFrench There's no explicit mention of version numbers in there.

FAST5364 3.00
SG4K100174

I assume that 3.00 means V3?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 37

Possibly, @LeicesterLoser the best way is to log into the router & check Device Info.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 37

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Our posts crossed in the ether!

Keith

0 Likes

Message 34 of 37

Hi Keith,

The plate on the back says "5364-3 T8" - I assume V3 from that?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 37

That will depend on the hardware revision of the 5364, is it V3 or V4? You can try a factory default of the router's configuration.

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 36 of 37

Hello,

@KeithFrench - would you be able to offer some advice please?

Thanks

Michelle