cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Is a new Router compulsory?

NashyBoos
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My elderly mother in law has Broadband and Landline with TalkTalk. Her current contract is due to expire soon and she will then lose some existing discounts. She has spoken to Customer Services and has received an acceptable offer to renew but has been told she has to have a new router. She currently has the WiFi Hub Black which was supplied a couple of years ago. I am assuming she is being offered the new WiFi Hub but she only has a maximum line speed of 35MBs  and won’t be needing Full Fibre in the future. She is not able to set up the Hub and connect her devices therefore can she not simply continue with the WiFi Hub Black?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi NashyBoos

Your mother can continue to use the existing router and this will not cause any issues.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

The Wi-Fi Hub Black is one of the 'current' routers that TalkTalk supply, if she is on ADSL, Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 (that just comes down her existing Openreach phone line) then the router she currently has should be absolutely fine. If she was going for a faster service than those then it would require an engineer install anyway, so she would not have to set it up herself.

0 Likes