cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Landline and Fibre 150

1Perry
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I was recently offered a fibre150 package, but speaking to the sales representative, I was told that I would have to lose the landline. So can you clarify please, if I took the fibre 150 package, I would lose my landline number all together and lose the ability to receive calls on a landline (not that we receive many). If the landline number is lost, then one depends on receiving all calls via my mobile. I have I understood this correctly?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

@1Perry Fibre 150 is over the phone line and certainly does need an engineer visit to fit a standalone modem to which you connect your TT router.

This is because no current TT HUB (modem/router) has an integrated modem that work with g.fast FTTC technology.

Fibre 150 is only available on cabinets that have been upgraded by Openreach and to customers with a line length of less than 300m or so.

If your current speeds are not around 80/20 it is highly unlikely Fibre 150 will be available even if your cabinet has the equipment.

I expect the offered upgrade was to Future Fibre - Data Only as that is where we will all end up once the copper lines are retired, it's a shame however that TT are not offering a VoIP service from the word go.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi

An FTTC service may need an engineer to install, but is hybrid fibre, so fibre to the cabinet and then copper from the cabinet to the house.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

1Perry
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Karl and Martswain. I am not sure if I was offered the FTTP or FTTC service - I would deduce that since removing the landline was involved it was the FTTP service. Presumably this service is all fibre, but the FTTC service is that all fibre and also involve a visit from an engineer to set up?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

@1Perry confusingly there are two services that have the number 150.

If you have been offered Future Fibre 150 - Data Only then there is no landline offered at this time and you will lose that facility and your number.

The other "150" service is over the phone line and is g.fast FTTC, however it is not normally offered as an upgrade to customers but can be selected via your online account.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/talktalk-broadband-review

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

if you take an FTTP service, so fibre only, you will lose the landline.

If you take an FTTC service, this will have a land line option.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes