cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Limited Upstream/Downstream speed

b74413
Participant
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Hello,

We are on the fibre 65 package. We’ve had many issues with our internet speed and at most we get 43mb/s.

In the talk talk Wifi hub our values are:

Downstream:

Actual rate (Kbps): 45345

Maximum rate (Kbps) : 43793

Noise margin (dB): 3.10

Attenuation (dB): 18.10

Power (dBm): 13.00

Upstream:

Actual rate (Kbps): 2090

Maximum rate (Kbps) : 2090

Noise margin (dB): 7.20

Attenuation (dB): 0.00

Power (dBm): 4.70

37BE9497-1E94-4AF8-B1A1-201F300DDBEF.jpeg

The speed tests showed this:

5CA87523-946C-41B1-B75A-AE628C971608.jpeg

8C12E15C-B23F-4859-9915-BE9551910C11.jpeg

This was following the recommended steps online and resetting the router. We don’t turn off the router otherwise.

Our downstream rate has never been above 45000kbps but it’s above the minimum guaranteed speed so talk talk won’t do anything about it.
Our upstream rate is usually 20000kbps but it’s been 2090kbps for the last two weeks, which was when I came back from holiday so I’m not sure how long it’s been like that for.

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue I would be very grateful.

Kind regards

Please I just want to fix my internet I’m begging
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, what did the engineer advise? Were they able to replicate this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Hello, 

the engineer came but the internet situation has not been fixed. 

What do we do next?

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 44

Hi b74413,

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - April 20 2022, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

Hi b74413

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 44

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

Hello,

We do have to confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges before we can go ahead with this. I've included a Help Guide below which contains more information on this. Would you like to go ahead with this?

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 44

Yes please. Do I have to pay for it. I was charged for a previous visit even though the fault was not with us and upon further investigation, there was a fault with OpenReach. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

Hi b74413

If you have tested with a different router, cables and filter at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

Yes 🥲

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

Yes I am using all the new cables and micro filter with the new router. And it is all connected to the test socket. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 44

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is the replacement router currently connected to the test socket and are you using all the new cables and microfilter?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 44

Have you used all the new cabling including a new microfilter plugged into the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Hello it did not work. 

AEA64F3A-7C47-4C22-A444-4ACECB1789F4.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 14 of 44

Hi b74413

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 44

Lmao yeah I read it wrong 😂.

I tried the micro filter from the box with the RJ11 on either end and it didn’t change anything, in fact,  it made my upstream even slower. I tried a few different cables incase one of them was dodgy, but I don’t know which one originally came from the talk talk box. 
I’m going to try the micro filter attachment that sticks onto the master socket with the double ended  RJ11 and see if that improves anything.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 44

The wires you can see in the picture you posted are for extension wiring. Not seeing any is quite normal in other circumstances, they are hidden behind the back of the socket. Stop using Google and stressing out even more. 

Do you have a cable that has the small RJ11 socket on each end, i.e. both ends the same as the bit that plugs into the router? Rather than the one you are currently using which looks like it has been pulled out of a telephone, basically. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

why are my wires not at the front of the master socket 😭😭 

I found the box but I only found a micro filter. I’m going to try the micro filter and also look for different network cables because this one looks like it’s from the 1900’s. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44

Yes please. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

Hi,

Just to confirm, are you happy for us to send the replacement router just to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

And that last post has got no relevance here, that is in relation to telephone extensions. 

0 Likes